new to atv

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
lenm1dpe

new to atv

Post by lenm1dpe » Thu May 07, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi I am new to atv and would like to know the best way to start, as I run jota with my scouts and thought it might be good to add to that weekend if not to dear to set up thanks for any help len

greengrass

Re: new to atv

Post by greengrass » Thu May 07, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi There I wonder where you are in the country as my be the local radio clubs in the area might be able to assist your self. I am in the south of england Ie Portsmouth and help out the local brownies and guides in Alton. Hope this helps Best of luck 73s Chris G0DAE

lenm1dpe

Post by lenm1dpe » Thu May 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Thanks for that but I would like to have ago myself I am in grays near lakeside len

G4HTZ

Post by G4HTZ » Thu May 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Put out. A few calls on 144.750 atv calling frequency ...there are a few stations in your area ..rainham , Hornchurch who work into GB3EN
Steve G4HTZ

ASHEN nr Sudbury JO02GB52 90m ASL

70cms DATV portsdown 4 + RYDE rx …14 or 18 ele yagi …LNA …hopefully 100w amp at some point

lenm1dpe

Post by lenm1dpe » Thu May 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi Steve its more what to buy to use, is it a fta satellite receiver? as I don't have a lot of money to spend on it.
Len

Return to “General ATV Discussion”