Activity in Essex and surrounding county's ??

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G4HTZ

Activity in Essex and surrounding county's ??

Post by G4HTZ » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi all
Just getting back into amatuer radio after a break of 12 years
I was previously active on 24cms and 10ghz ATV ..but now see digital seems to be the thing .
Got beams for 70cms and a 23cms wimo beam and db6nt mast head pre amp and also a suitable 23cms digital sat RX ..also got some analogue ones somewhere

Just wondering if there's much activity on digital around the Essex area ..located on the coast east of southend on sea
I have been told there are a few stations on analogue in South Essex and North kent

The DTX1 tx looks a good possibility
Regards
Steve
G4HTZ
Steve G4HTZ

ASHEN nr Sudbury JO02GB52 90m ASL

70cms DATV portsdown 4 + RYDE rx …14 or 18 ele yagi …LNA …hopefully 100w amp at some point

G8ADM

Re: Activity in Essex and surrounding county's ??

Post by G8ADM » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi Steve

Yes, the Kent ATV repeater group meets on the air, 144.750 MHz, on a Wednesday evening. They are converting to digital.
I work Vic, G3SDQ in Leyton, on 70cm digital ATV, not that close but I get him well here in Harrow NW London at a similar distance to you.
Other Essex guys can often be heard on 144.750, mostly during the day, G8ACT George, G6IUA and others. They have some digital capability.
Also some of the members of the Enfield club may be within range of you. Listen for them on Friday evening and watch the GB3EN repeater stream, often on quite late.

It's good to know that you are getting back on the air, I thought East of Southend was in the sea!

Good luck,

Dave
G8adm

G4HTZ

Post by G4HTZ » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi Dave
Thanks for info
Yes been in contact with kent repeater group via e mail
Yes I am nearly in the sea ...150m away from it to the east ...proberly good location for near continent
Not sure it's a good path to London from here ..QTH only 2m asl
Steve G4HTZ

70cms DATV portsdown 4 + RYDE rx …14 or 18 ele yagi …LNA …hopefully 100w amp at some point

G4HTZ

Post by G4HTZ » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Just an update of my station
Have now bought a 2nd hand DTX1 and 75w amp
RX side is a DG0VE up converter to a comag RX ...converter is in the shack at end of ecoflex 10...until I get it weatherproof and sort switching out with the amp.
Antenna is 18ele powerbeam from DX shop at 10m agl
So hopefully will get chance to set it all up the weekend
Steve G4HTZ

Return to “General ATV Discussion”