ATV-Repeaters: a hot topic at HAMRADIO-2014

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
HB9AZN

ATV-Repeaters: a hot topic at HAMRADIO-2014

Post by HB9AZN » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:32 am

Dear OM's,
This ist my first message on the list, I hope I am using the right procedure!

This message is to draw your attention to a session dedicated to ATV-Repeaters at HAMRADIO-2014 in Friedrichshafen/Germany which will take place on Friday, 27th of June 2014 between12:00 and 15:45 in the room "Oesterreich" of the Convention Center.
There will be presentations of ATV-Reapeaters in Austria, France, Germany and Switzerland followed by a round table wiht the participation of the speakers.

This will be a unique opportunity to share experiences and identiy future trends in the area of ATV-Repeaters.

The session will be held in German, French and English!

You will find the details of the session under the following link:
http://www.hamradio-friedrichshafen.de/ ... =168&lg=de

We hope to see you in Friedrishafen end of June!

For the organization committee,

Pierre-André/HB9AZN
President of ARALD (see www.hb9tv.ch)

g8gtz

HAMRADIO-2014

Post by g8gtz » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:28 am

I attended HAMRADIO2014 on behalf of the BATC and UK ATV community - it was a very good event (the largest in Europe).

The ATV conference session was very interesting with several presentations from Germany, Austria, Swiss and French groups and a lot of interesting discussion particularly around digital and the impact of Galileo on 23cms.

The Austrian paper being presented to the IARU region 1 conference in September to block DATV operation on 70cms was also discussed and BATC will be working with RSGB to oppose it.

I gave an overview of the UK ATV scene and the presentation is available for download here: http://www.batc.org.uk/Getting_Started/Hamradio2014.pdf.

M0ATV

Re: ATV-Repeaters: a hot topic at HAMRADIO-2014

Post by M0ATV » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Fascinating read Noel, makes it very clear just how difficult it really is to maintain a ATV presence within the extremely protected MOD sector bands, and it isn't going to get any easier.

Return to “General ATV Discussion”