Activity..

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
M0DTS

Activity..

Post by M0DTS » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Hi All...

Just a little notice to say that Eddie and myself are hoping to get out portable next wednesday afternoon (18th March) for some 10GHz atv tests.
I will be on the NY moors and Eddie with be near Elsden in Northumberland.

We will both have 2m talkback and would welcome any extra qso's even if just on 2m!

Is anyone else interested in trying some contacts on other portable sites or even from home?

I can be in a good location to work to the south from the NY moors after our tests.
Can have 23/13/3cm tv available, maybe digital if you can convince me :-)

I look forward to the replies.......................!

Rob
M0DTS
http://www.m0dts.co.uk
http://www.m0dts.co.uk/gb3km

g3pyb

Re: Activity..

Post by g3pyb » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:36 pm

Hello Rob,
I have been planning for the West Coast Marathon and thinking about sites to link N Y Moors across to North Wales.
Thanks for the plots you sent it was most useful, I am talking to Peter PHO about the best place to try.
I do need to try some loctions in advance to be sure of parking places etc.

I will be bringing ATV gear up to Doncasters for the ATV part of the Microwave Round table on the 11/12th July, and if I come up a day earlier I could try some sites at the back of Sheffield.
I often watch the streamer output from KM.
The folks at GB3TB said you were busy with an encoder, which sound interesting.

So I will keep intouch about my next visit up north. There will be info comming out about the West Coast Marathon day on the 26th July soon. We are collating the stations who plan to be out and we will have two "live streams" out of the Noth Wales repeaters on the day, which will serve as injection points to the streamers.

Regards PeterB g3pyb

M0DTS

Post by M0DTS » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Peter, thanks for info.

I don't think i will be at the round table but i may be available for tests, only short drive to one of the portable sites i could use.
Looking forward to the activity on the day, hopefully some others will join in too ...... :-)

I've been working on the Poor Man's DIgital ATV Transmitter, now have a USB interface working for it so it's a lot easier to send different videos to the transmitter from pre-recorded files @2Ms/s, work is in progress by another Amateur to make some software for live video transmissions, fingers crossed!
Some information about this on my website on the datv page.

Rob
M0DTS
http://www.m0dts.co.uk

M0DTS

Re: More Activity..

Post by M0DTS » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Hi to all again.

I hope to be active on 23cm ATV from IO94LI tomorrow afternoon (21st March) from about 2PM onwards.
Hope to work some stations direct and maybe some via GB3VL repeater later on.

100W to 2x 28el loopyagi on 23cm
50w to 9ele yagi on 2m for talkback.

Rob
M0DTS

EddieG0EHV

Post by EddieG0EHV » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Hello,

Just some feedback to say we made the 3cms QSO on Wednesday, easy P5 both ways. Distance 115 Km.
Also did a 1 way on 13cms G0EHV/P to M0DTS/P, TX abt 1 watt into a panel antenna.
No 2 way attempted as G0EHV didn't have the required sma to N cable with him (Grrrr!), however he did have insulating tape which M0DTS did not!!
Good weather made a fine day out!

Next problem is to find another pair of good sites further apart!

Regards,
Eddie
G0EHV

Return to “General ATV Discussion”