CALLING ALL UK REPEATER KEEPERS

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G3VZV

CALLING ALL UK REPEATER KEEPERS

Post by G3VZV » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi All,

You should have received a letter in the last few days from OFCOM asking you to contact your Regional Manager to provide an update of your repeater details..

For ATV repeaters, I am he, and all I need is a quick email from you confirming whether or not "your" repeater(s) is/are active and on the air.

If you can do this soonish I would be very grateful...if you haven't had a letter and you think you should have had one also please contact me

Pls send your emails to g.shirville at btinternet.com

thanks in advance

Graham Shirville - G3VZV

G0DJA

Re: CALLING ALL UK REPEATER KEEPERS

Post by G0DJA » Fri May 09, 2008 2:27 pm

In my quest to find out which local, and not so local, TV repeaters were still on air so that I could look for those that were, and not waste time looking for any that were not, I realized that you have to be a bit of a detective to track some of the beacon keepers down!

Some are not listed in QRZ.COM and are 'Address Withheld' and for many more email addresses are out of date, or not given and news on various sites is sometimes out of date.

Since our hobby is concerned with communication, it does seem strangely difficult at time to get hold of people to ask a simple question...

Return to “General ATV Discussion”