ATV Equipment supplier

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
M0DTS

ATV Equipment supplier

Post by M0DTS » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 am

Hi All,

Just wondering how many of us are experiencing problems with a well known 13cm atv equipment supplier?
At number people up here in the north east have been waiting months for equipment to arrive after spending hundreds of pounds with this supplier and now have had no response via phone/fax/email for weeks on end.
Some equipment has turned up in the end but Extremely poor service...

Does anyone have any more information or more direct contact details?

A shame because it is the No.1 source of 13cm equipmwent in the UK and it puts new starters right off the idea!

Rob
M0DTS

G0MXW

Re: ATV Equipment supplier

Post by G0MXW » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:50 am

Your not alone Rob. Only 80 odd quid but nothing received or heard despite numerous email pokes. I gave up put it down to experience after 6 months. Was going to give it another go a couple of weeks ago but heard similar tale from someone else.

Dave
G0MXW

G4OHV

Post by G4OHV » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:40 pm

should'nt the culprits be named and shamed, to protect other members?

regards

Col

M0DTS

Post by M0DTS » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 am

Yes!

i don't really have the right as i have never dealt with the company...

Rob

g7kpm

Post by g7kpm » Fri May 31, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi Rob,

The Lincoln repeater group intends to start selling the Comtech modules soon in order to help raise funds to keep the repeaters on the air.

We are currently working on the PIC chips, but if anyone wants any modules to use with a controller, i.e. without the PIC, we can supply them now.

They are all brand new units and will retail at about £30 + postage. All proceeds go to the repeaters, GB3LM, GB3LS, GB3VL and GB3LX.

My Email is ' Jason@moortown.net ' if anyone is interested in purchasing any, please let me know what you would like and I will send a quotation including shipping.

23 & 13cm transmitter and receiver modules are available.

73s,

Jason G7KPM

trevorb

Post by trevorb » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Getting a lot of requests to add a new online shop to www.cq-datv.mobi
If we decide to go down this route what is it that everyone wants in 13 cms
Trevor

trevorb

Post by trevorb » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:16 am

Sorry Jason too much midnight oil
I did not read your reply and see you are on the case
Do not want to step on peoples toes only fill in the gaps, which I hope CQ-DATV does
If I can help at all please let me know ie publicity or space to write about your repeater fund raising project
Trevor

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Jason,

As it happens we have just added a "third party shop window" to the BATC shop - https://batc.org.uk/shop/3rdparty - the intention is to provide a shop window for items which ATVers are looking for and are already available but are perhaps harder to get or the supplier does not have an online presence. Note the BATC does not hold stock or take the order but will give a link or email to the supplier.

we will be more than happy to add your items to the shop window but refer all enquiries to you, although the very first item which we added last week were Comtech modules which are available through G8CKN.

We've got a few more items which will be added in the next couple of weeks but always looking for ideas so it would be good if members can let us know what you want to see.

Best 73

Noel

g7kpm

Post by g7kpm » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi Noel,

That would be great! :D

Would we need to pay any sort of commission to the BATC to use the shop?

As soon as we have the PICs ready, I'll let you know and we would be very grateful if you could advertise them for us.

We have 23cm, 13cm and the high power 200mW 13cm modules available.

73s,

Jason

Lincoln Repeater Group

G8DPH

Post by G8DPH » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:21 pm

I recently ordered a 23cm PA from the '13cm' supplier. After 4 weeks I tried to contact him. Telephone calls went to answer phone and emails were not answered.
Fortunately I paid by PayPal and they refunded my money.

This supplier also has the Comtech modules for sale on eBay. The contact phone number he has does not exist.
Ashley
G8DPH

Return to “General ATV Discussion”