2012 Microwave and TV Activity Day - August 5th

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

2012 Microwave and TV Activity Day - August 5th

Post by g8gtz » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:08 am

Hi

You may remember a couple of years ago that we organised a TV activity day on August 22nd alongside a microwave portable contest. There was a lot of activity and people really seemed to enjoy it.

This year, the UK microwave group have made the first weekend in August "Microwave field day" and I propose that we use the same weekend as a TV activity day.

You don't have to go out portable, although it is a good excuse to get out and enjoy the great British weather, just use this as an excuse to finish off that TV project and get on air!

We should try to use all bands and all modes, although it will be a great opportunity to try some long distance paths on 70cms DATV.

Please publicise this as much as you can and post your feedback here if you intend to be on air.

Best 73s

Noel - G8GTZ

BTW - It would be great to try and make this an annual event as first weekend in June is HF CW field day, first weekend July is VHF field, first weekend in August become Microwave / TV field day and first weekend September is HF SSB field day.

M0DTS

Re: 2012 Microwave and TV Activity Day - August 5th

Post by M0DTS » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 pm

I should be on the air that day..
Sundays are not good on ATV in recent years with very low activity so probably only from home (IO94IL) unless there's some tropo!

Will be QRV analogue/digital:
23cm 2x44el 100w - New PA build in progress, maybe 300W+ so could be interesting for DX.
70cm 2x25el 80w - need a bigger PA!

Rob
M0DTS

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Just realised it also coincides withe RSGB low power 144 and 432 contests held on that weekend

All the more reason to get out and enjoy the British summer!

Noel

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:43 am

Oh well, apathy rules, maybe ;-(

Due to lack of response from everyone except Rob, this is clearly not going to happen this year.

I'll be around during the weekend on 70cms NB and microwaves.

Noel - G8GTZ

PS - Don't blame me if we lose more of 70cms cos we didn't use it...

Return to “General ATV Discussion”