Streaming of Microwave Weekend - Sheffield

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G0DJA

Streaming of Microwave Weekend - Sheffield

Post by G0DJA » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Just a quick thank you to all involved in putting the Sheffield Microwave Weekend onto the new BATC streaming website.

Although I was there, I did miss one lecture because I wanted a piece of equipment tested but I was able to keep one eye on the talk whilst out of the room on a PC connected to the internet.

From announcements made on both days the interest from other countries was good, and it also helped people who would have liked to have been there, but couldn't make it for some reason, to be able to hear and see the talks and demonstrations of equipment.

There has been some discussion as to whether a 'live' broadcast might put people off from attending. However, without wanting to take anything away from the quality of the broadcast, nor the time and effort put in to make it all work, I would still prefer to be there in person but have the option of watching on-line if there was some reason i could not make it to the full event.

After all, you can't test antennas on the test range, or have equipment tested and calibrated if you are not there, and you also miss out on the chance to discuss things with people and buy stuff from the bring-and-buy.

Return to “General ATV Discussion”