In the dark - ATV contests start stop times.

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8byi

In the dark - ATV contests start stop times.

Post by g8byi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:03 am

Hi

I am intending to go portable next weekend (22nd) to a local hill to take part in the ATV Repeater contest, to try to access more repeaters. I think its unfortunate that the Start time of 1800hrs Saturday will mean for me at least I shall not go on air till daylight on the Sunday morning . Having a tv camera at night on a poplar hill is not recommended at many levels these days. So In future would it be possible to start ATV contests from say 1200 midday Saturday till 1200 midday the following day, so as to allow two daylight sessions instead of one.

Richard G8BYI

M0DTS

Re: In the dark - ATV contests start stop times.

Post by M0DTS » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi Richard,

Interesting thoughts, have been thinkig about that here as well, setting up portable on an evening is not a very good idea here either.
The other contests that run 12-12 are a much better option for us up here.

Maybe even a monthly ATV activity evening would be a good idea for the whole country....144.750 is very quiet these days..??
The UK Microwave group have an activity night every monday evening...

Just my thoughts...!

Rob
M0DTS

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Re: In the dark - ATV contests start stop times.

Post by G8GKQ » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi Richard and Rob

Good suggestion on contest timing. I had already changed the June Summerfun to run from 12-12, and it was only through lack of lateral thinking that I did not change the Repeater Contests as well.

I will amend future contest timings as you suggested. Please e-mail me (at my batc address) if you were active in the contest this weekend - we're trying to get some publicity into RadCom, and the copy date is tomorrow!

I'll take forward your suggestion of an activity night as well.

Dave, G8GKQ
BATC Contest Manager

Return to “General ATV Discussion”