Bargain batteries anyone?

Ideas, technical topics, help and discussion for ATV enthusiasts
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
radiogareth

Bargain batteries anyone?

Post by radiogareth » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:19 am

For many years I have been using https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/ for a variety of battery solutions and have always been impressed with prices, stock and service.
I had cause to source a car battery for a 'colder-weather-old-age' failure (the battery, not me, although I sympathise with it...) and they saved me £20 off what I nearly bought yesterday at EuroCarParts (also good prices compared to Halfrauds....).
It seems they are doing a 'black friday' sale if you order online.
I bought a Hankook MF54459 (a brand I have used before and been happy with). The code was 10%BLKFRI-Hankook so the delivered cost (free delivery over £30!) was £42.08.
I've been thinking about upgrading my 90A/Hr leisure battery, not least its very heavy....so I looked at their range of LiFePO4 and spotted the TN Power Lithium 12V 24Ah which for A/Hr per £ seems to sit in a 'sweet-spot' price/capacity wise.
So I thought I'd try the code 10%BLKFRI-TN and bingo, -10% off the order. I have yet to click 'buy' as I want to think about options for series/parallel operation to provide 48V, 28 and 12 in various selectable combinations.
It might work on other brands, (check the home page offeres) they are very helpful on the phone too - I was offered the option of buying online and was given the code.
No connection, just a happy customer.....
Gareth

Return to “General ATV Discussion”