European warehouse and Serit 4334 NIM

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8gtz

European warehouse and Serit 4334 NIM

Post by g8gtz » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:53 am

We are very pleased to share some good news about the BATC shop!

Firstly, Benno PA3FBX has volunteered to run a BATC shop warehouse in the Netherlands which will ship all orders to our members in the European economic union. This means there will be no customs clearance required for these orders - this will reduce the shipping time, sometimes by several weeks, and members will not have to pay any customs duty when they receive their orders.

Nothing will change when you place an order in the shop and you will still pay via Paypal or Bank transfer to the BATC in the UK. After that, the system will decide if your order should be shipped from the UK or from the Netherlands.
Benno will hold most items in stock but occassionally some items will be shipped from the UK.

Orders for the UK and the Rest Of the World will still be shipped from the UK and those shipped to outside the UK will still require customs clearance.

The second piece of good news is that BATC has managed to secure a large quantity of Serit 4334 NIMs - these have been supplied exclusively to BATC and are the absolute final buy from Serit as the STV0910a demodulator chip is obsolete and there are no more genuine stocks available.

Unfortunately Serit had to pay significantly more to secure the last stock of the STV0910a and the price of the 4334 NIM has had to be increased to £54 to cover this. Whilst this may seem a large increase, the 4334 NIM is still the only tuner guaranteed to receive DVB-S2 below 1Ms and to have frequency coverage down to 144MHz - even at this price it is still possible to build a DATV capable USB tuner for under £100.

To try and help offset the price increase, BATC has initiated a project to replace the FTDI USB module used on the MiniTiouner PCB with a Raspberry Pi Pico. This new tuner design will be known as the PicoTuner and will not only give a siginificant cost reduction but will enable 2 seperate channels to be received at the same time when used with the OpenTuner software developed by Tom ZR6TG. An adaptor PCB to mount the Pico on the current MiniTiouner PCB will be available from the BATC shop - full details on this and availability of the PicoTuner PCB will be found on the BATC forum and full details will be published in CQ-TV 283.

Please note the Serit 4334 NIM will only be available to BATC members for non-commercial use through the BATC and orders will be limited to 2 units.

g8gtz

Re: European warehouse and Serit 4334 NIM

Post by g8gtz » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:06 pm

Only 39 orders today!

I've just put the Serit NIM stock to zero to give Benno and I a chance to catch up with the orders tomorrow! It will be back in stock next week.

If anyone objects they can come and give us a hand :-)

Noel

G0LJF

Post by G0LJF » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:19 am

Hi Noel + BATC,

One of those orders is mine (so its partly my fault, hi).

I wish to thank all at BATC for running an excellent club and shop. The news letter is excellent. And the shop. More.

I would like to say you all do this in a part time basis and I am, for one, pleased to offer you all my greatful thanks.

And Mr Serit (there may have been one?)

73, tnx vy

Mike G0LJF.

iw0hjz

Post by iw0hjz » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:11 pm

Hi, I'm alberto IW0HJZ... in the shop page the NIM is still out of stock. how can I order a unit ?
tnx

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:38 pm

Hi Alberto

Just wait a couple of days - our volunteers have too many orders to send at the moment. Once they have cleared the backlog, there will be more tuners in the shop.

Dave

iw0hjz

Post by iw0hjz » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:41 am

Ok,thanks,73

g8gtz

Post by g8gtz » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:37 am

And it's back in stock again...... :o

iw0hjz

Post by iw0hjz » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:29 am

Hi, put one order 20/02/2024 #BATC-17844 , and other later, almost all the items are arrived but not the NIM..
have I to be worry about?

don't know timing in shipping... and thank for the EU wharehouse...
De iw0hjz alberto

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:31 pm

Hi alberto,

I think i know where your Nim is.
I found it in the back of my car ;-)

Being new to this job, i have not closed all packaging and apparently 1 nim fell out of a package.
I have send out over 60 nims by now and could not trace the found Nim to a shipment.

So i will now correct that, natural free off additional costs.
The rest of the packages of your order should be arrived complete.

I will send the Nim out to you this weekend, and hope you will have some more patience..

73es Benno PA3FBX

iw0hjz

Post by iw0hjz » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:48 pm

:lol: :lol:
HIHI dear Benno,no problem...I'm lucky you don't send it !!
Time ago I wrote an email to you with the qrz.com email address.
Start to populate the bare pcb arrived....
Thank again for your time helping us in EU fight with custums and taxes...
really appreciate
all the best
iw0hjz alberto

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”