Adalm Pluto DATV

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
mm0mgb

Adalm Pluto DATV

Post by mm0mgb » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:09 pm

Hi,

I have been round the twist with this but I reckon the issue is to do with the Pluto and/or the laptop. If I setup the DATV firmware in the pluto and stream to it via OBS studio my Minitiouner gives green lights everywhere but I get the Bad codec/Pid message. If I stream to my Portsdown 4 no issue I get the picture and it all works. I spent a lot of time suspecting the Minitiouner hardware/software but when the Portsdown works it points to something to do with the Pluto or OBS studio?

My pluto rev C has an external clock connected but as it behaves on SDR Console I am completely baffled. The laptop is an older I7 processor and if connected to the minitiouner is fast enough to decode the Portsdown's output. I would like to know why this isn't working just for my sanity's sake and to make my portable QO100 kit DATV capable as well. The Portsdown lives in the shack. Any thoughts gratefully received

Andrew MM0MGB

G3GJA

Re: Adalm Pluto DATV

Post by G3GJA » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:02 am

Andrew.

Direct connection between OBS and the Pluto is difficult to achieve.

Sending an RTMP stream on port 7272 works OK with the V0.31-4-g9ecb-dirty firmware. H265 is not possible.

UDP on port 8282 works on later versions of the modified firmware. Allows H265.

Alternatively, use Ethernet and a Portsdown 4 as described here for H262/H264: https://wiki.batc.org.uk/OBS_-_Open_Broadcast_Studio

Clive

mm0mgb

Re: Adalm Pluto DATV

Post by mm0mgb » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:17 pm

Thanks Clive,

I'll give the UDP connection a try then give up and stick with my portsdown for now. I thought given the passage of time the Puto via OBS would be solved but there's clearly something in the stream that the Minitiouner doesn't like. If I record the stream I can play it back on media player but that's not a lot of good for a QSO scenario.

Andrew

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”