QO-100 QSO's

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
M5TXJ

QO-100 QSO's

Post by M5TXJ » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:08 pm

Hi all,

Being very new to inflicting my face over the air I have what may seem a silly question.

The majority of signals I see seem to be simply test signals but of the few QSO's I've witnessed, some are simplex, some are duplex (mainly DL stations). Is there an etiquette I should be aware of?

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

radiogareth

Re: QO-100 QSO's

Post by radiogareth » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:13 pm

Keep the WB Web SDR and messages on screen/in sight and in mind - so if your TX locks up/drops out etc you know quickly.. Don't TX on top of anyone already there. The delay makes duplex a bit of a challenge as the audio wraps around (unless you use headphones) and makes quick-fire to and fro pretty much impossible. Easier to operate simplex and just say over etc....
Pick a friendly for your first few efforts ;-)

I've not been on much except on the QO-100 Thursday net.

Gareth
Last edited by radiogareth on Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

M5TXJ

Re: QO-100 QSO's

Post by M5TXJ » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:33 pm

Thanks Gareth,

That all makes perfect sense. I'm looking at adding a second smaller monitor for the WB monitor screen, although I have a 37" TV as my main monitor the screen gets full with, OBS, Quicktune and the four VLC Winter Hill windows. It's all a steep learning curve and it's great to have the friendly ATV community offering help.

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”