combining DATV-easy, longmynd client en node-red

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
Pa3fbx

combining DATV-easy, longmynd client en node-red

Post by Pa3fbx » Wed May 18, 2022 2:21 am

When Dominique F1EJP came with DATV-Easy, i started to see possibilities for a complete DATV TX system.
easy.png
easy.png (83.71 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
Now Tom ZR6TG comes with a longmynd client it starts to be a TX and RX system on IP...
Long1.png
Long1.png (911.57 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
I just needed to add a Node-red server and some well designed Hardware IO and we are gone..
node-red1.png
node-red1.png (288.8 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
node-red2.png
node-red2.png (84.48 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
As one might know the pluto can be driven via network and thus is it placed with the amplifier close to the dish feed.
Lots of request where made if the Minitiouner also could be driven via network remotely.
Yes Winterhill came close but still is design as a piece of shack equipment.

Now with Dominique and Toms tools, i am able to create a complete remote DATV RX and TX system over network.
The need of control and monitoring became more important as i really like to know the heatsink temperature and even output power...
Also switching on and of power supply and PTT or even horizontal and vertical bias is important when operating a remote system.

The longmynd service is installed on a older raspberry 3b 2Gb (even a RPI 1 or RPI zero V1.3 works just).
Also a node-red service is installed together with a hardware board creating IO for i2c, 1 wire, SPI, RS232 and some digital and analog IO.
Some relays finish the basics.
IO board.jpeg
IO board.jpeg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 1741 times
All placed together with a minitiouner next to the pluto, and amplifier.
I let you think about all the wirering and connections to measure 3 different voltages, 2 different currents, up to 128 different temperature sensors,
Power, reflected power and several connections for future upgrades...
All connected to a network switch so i can reach it from the shack or anywhere else in the house...

When i use the longmynd client to control the qo100 RX frequency i view the received image and use multicast to get it full screen on my big monitor with VLC and in the same go use the streamed image in OBS.
Switching my powersupply to the amplifier with datv-easy start and a few second later my PTT line switches the bias powering up my signal.
In the monitoring i see my amps and RF power go up. For a short over i still use the browser of the Node-red to switch on and off the PTT.

It starts to get easy making my DATV-Perfect...

Thanks guys for the great support in tools we humble hams can now use...
73es
Benno

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”