Zgemma H9S SE

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8lce

Zgemma H9S SE

Post by g8lce » Sun May 15, 2022 12:42 pm

I have now bought 2 of these satellite boxes. They will receive low SR and seem very programmable. (not that I would be able to reprogram one!)
I have updated the firmware on on of the boxes using OpenPLi. This was found via searching for information on the web. It was quite easy to do. The hardest thing was to tune in the local repeater that I wanted to receive. It probably is also quite easy with the right instructions but the manual mode to tuning is the place to start.
Once working with the device on the local LAN you can control it from a webpage and also view the reception via VLC. The setup can be backed up into a loadable file so if you had someone with one working receiving something you wanted, then you could use their file to setup your device.
It could be possible to set one up to receive several selectable channels/frequencies with various SR etc.
Here are some screenshots of the remote setup on my Windows computer.
H9SE Satellite RX remote screen shot with VLC.jpg
H9SE Satellite RX remote screen shot with VLC.jpg (208.74 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
H9SE Satellite RX remote screen shot.jpg
H9SE Satellite RX remote screen shot.jpg (214.59 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
Martin G8LCE

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”