changing PID settings

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
moonbouncer

changing PID settings

Post by moonbouncer » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:50 pm

I have built a Portsdown4 and it seems to works fine, but I cannot work over the PI6ATV repeater because they require other PID settings (PMT 100, PID video 101, PID audio 102, PCR 101). I can change most of these settings in Menu 3, but is seems that this doesn't have any effect on the output signal (e.g. video PID remains 101). Am I doing something wrong? 73's de PA7RP

moonbouncer

Re: changing PID settings

Post by moonbouncer » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:56 pm

sri ..PID remains 256(not 101 )

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:10 pm

Hi PA7RP

I take it that you are using a Pluto with the Portsdown 4. The PIDs can be changed if you use a LimeSDR, but there is no way to change the PIDs on the Pluto when used with the Portsdown 4. This facility was not included by F5OEO in the Pluto Firmware version that the Portsdown uses. The only parameters that can be changed are illustrated in the image below:

Sorry that I can't help.

Dave, G8GKQ
Attachments
Parameters-PlutoDVB-EN.jpg
Parameters-PlutoDVB-EN.jpg (62.73 KiB) Viewed 3165 times

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:50 pm

However - you can probably change the parameters in the Pluto if you modify the firmware. That involves uploading a patch. See https://www.f5uii.net/en/patch-plutodvb/

You may have to work out how to do this for yourself if nobody else has done it. The default values are the standard, better if repeaters standardised on them too.

If you generate your own TS to send to the Pluto, rather than go via Portsdown, you might be able to update the PID. I have not checked it.

Mike

moonbouncer

Post by moonbouncer » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:55 pm

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your answer. I wil have to buy a Lime minisdr then ;)

73's de Ruud

pa3etk

Post by pa3etk » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:29 am

Beste Ruud,

Ben je nog wijzer geworden over dit onderwerp?
Ik loop tegen het zelfde aan.
Had al een verzoek ingediend om de PID's van PI6ATV aan te passen.
Jammer genoeg geen reactie meer gehad!
Een Lime SDR kopen is voor mij geen optie.

Groet, Hans

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:44 am

Hoi hans en ruud,

I will continue in english for this is an englisch forum.
Datv easy 1.24 and higher will change the pid as it is capable in using the pluto in rtmp mode..

Or you need to go back to good old Datv express...

Currently i am running with easy 2.05 but found problems in the rtmp section. It is working with udp and taking a lot of settings into the f5oeo but not yet tested the pid settings...

Best regards
Benno

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”