GB3JV has 23cm input :-)

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
radiogareth

GB3JV has 23cm input :-)

Post by radiogareth » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:36 pm

I know, because I just tested it :-)
After some tests yesterday with Justin G8YTZ (who is pretty much LOS from me at home, although I suspect some rooftops and trees spoil the path) I got my 23cms signal across to him. That showed that both a front-end filter and some pre-amplification would be a help. Today he visited the 'JV site and installed a preamp and filter. The results were spectacular - I was getting the same MER in my shack as via the repeater (26+).
So after peaking up the flat-plate (IRO +10dBD) I then started winding down the power. I got to MER 6 and then measured what I was putting into my cable (70' of LDF4-50 and 13m of Westflex103 up the mast to 10m AGL).
All of 20mW!!
Further tests show I can get in with my Portsdown/Pluto driving a cheap 20dB eBay amp, without overdriving the small amp. That's more like it :-)
Gareth
GB3JV_Access.jpg
GB3JV_Access.jpg (161.51 KiB) Viewed 1182 times

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”