DATV-Easy V2.00 >> Download V1.25

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
F1EJP

Re: New soft DATV-Easy V1.0 >> V1.20

Post by F1EJP » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:10 pm

Hello,

Thanks at all for your tests.

Ok for problem in DVBT.
I am waiting for new equipment to perform the tests in DVBT.

In DVBS2 the Lime mini and Pluto seem ok in USB
I need test of Pluto with adaptater Ethernet

The new Beta version has some improvements including the adjustment of the gain in transmission.

73 Dominique F1EJP
Easy120a.JPG
Easy120a.JPG (90.47 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
Last edited by F1EJP on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

F1EJP

Re: New soft DATV-Easy V1.0 >> V1.21

Post by F1EJP » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:39 pm

Hello,

New version now >> seem ok in DVBT all parameters
Send new link to beta testers
DATVdvbt1.JPG
DATVdvbt1.JPG (246.73 KiB) Viewed 3896 times
DATVdvbt3 (2).JPG
DATVdvbt3 (2).JPG (203.73 KiB) Viewed 3896 times
Last edited by F1EJP on Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jabi

Re: New soft DATV-Easy V1.0 >> V1.20

Post by Jabi » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:52 am

Dear om:
If it is possible, please, send me the software for test it.
73,s de Jabi, ea2aru.
email: jabieraru@gmail.com

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:09 pm

Well i guess i got beta test status and got a version.
That implies that i need to write about the great tools Dominique made for us.

I do not have Lime but several Pluto's and even a pluto+.

So what is it all about. Because we pluto owners had F5OEO firmware the need for DATV-easy was limited as Free stream encoder did almost everything and you just had to use the browser for controlling the pluto.
Now with DATV-easy you only use 1 window for controlling everything. This means frequency, power and BW settings and TX all been done inside the datv-easy window. This also means you do not need F5OEO firmware (it will not work) and thus you need to downgrade your pluto to original analog devices firmware. (use DFU mode because just using the firmware update in F5OEO does not do the job..)

Now this is great for the starters as they do not need to modify the pluto with PTT as the PTT will not work anymore like in the F5OEO firmware. There is an USB-HID PTT option (like in sdr-console) i still need to investigate to control the PTT. I even found that v0.30 and v0,31 wil give you 3db more signal than v0.32 and higher (v0.34 is the latest) My used pluto is an older rev b. i still not used the rev D i have here..

So the main benefit for Pluto owners is more easy to use as the name implies.
And the big benefit is DVB-T (if you would need it) witch now works like all the other modes.

There are some bugs to report but they probably will be fixed.
The biggest issue for me the ip-setting is not working.
This means only 1 pluto connected to the USB is used... No other usb nor networked pluto can be selected yet.

Also lip synchronische is about 1 sec off witch can be compensated in OBS studio.

Its about 1 second faster than using OSB record or freesteam encoder... so my round time is about 3 sec between OBS and MT or Ryde screen witch is pretty fast....

So in all i 'am impressed and think it will make DATV-EASY..:-)

Benno, PA3fBX

Basil

Post by Basil » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:13 pm

Thank you Benno, a very good write up for someone like me relatively new to all this. One question, is it going to be possible to control PTT, albeit with an external relay, via an ethernet cable still, with the Pluto at the dish, and will there be any issue with having the PTT relay module add on board left installed in the Pluto? Thanks again and of course a very big thanks to Dominique for his generous work here.

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:09 pm

Hi Basil,

That is a very good question.
I guess no at first..
The F5UII PPT is inserted in the pluto board and controlled by the firmware from F5OEO. If you need to use the original analog devices for the datv-easy it will not be used anymore. For the PTT in Datv easy you have a usb relay control very much like the one in sdr console. Lime sdr mini has only usb and this was the ground reason for datv-easy.
An other option is to use a German invention where the data line in the pluto is used for tx control That was done before F5OEO firmware was available.. And still is used in 2 of my pluto's.. (i need to find the originator of this idea somewhere in my computer)

So i guess you need to create a different way or you'll have to wait if Dominique can add some remote control via a arduino or raspberry over the same network. (the benifit here would be the posibility to add power readout and temp monitor and even volt and amps.. )
For now the pluto cannot even be used over the network but that is hopefully his first bug fix.

Benno

Basil

Post by Basil » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:33 pm

OK, all understood, thanks again Benno, I watch any developments with interest. 2E0ILY "Basil"

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:37 am

A few days into beta testing on the Pluto i' am still happy.

Found a few issues witch is not very strange.
Tried running on a I3 PC where free stream encoder still worked was i not able to get datv-easy streaming. The signal was pulsing like i was transmitting in SSB mode and the software locked up my PC 3 times... On a I7 it runs fast and without lockups and dropouts.

1000KS is the limit witch can cause some problems when using terrestrial where several older repeaters use up to over 4 Ms.

Not all Fec settings work in the Higher bitrates, but the normal ones work stable.

There are some ideas about additional network control for amplifiers besides the PTT. Here you could think about temperatuur and power readout with the right additional hardware. So expect more to come in due time...

Benno

IZ7PDX

Post by IZ7PDX » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:43 am

Well done Dominique, many OM were waiting for this opportunity to receive the Dvbt in RB, my warmest congratulations! I would like to experiment your Easy DATV exclusively for Dvbt and it would also be very interesting if the same software could be written in Linux environment, perhaps to be installed on Raspi4 to obtain a very efficient receiver! I would be honored to be able to try it in combination with the Portsdown 4 suite, it could be integrated into this magnificent BATC Rtx Datv… I await your news. 73 de Luigi IZ7PDX mail@photoluis.it

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:58 am

Luigi

I was under the impression that DATV Easy only provided transmit, not receive, functionality. Please could someone confirm that this is the case?

The Portsdown transceiver is already fully reduced-bandwidth DVB-T capable. For receive, you just need to add a "Knucker" tuner https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Knucker, and for transmit both LimeSDR Mini and Pluto are supported.

Dave, G8GKQ

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”