Pluto Plus problem

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g8ayc

Pluto Plus problem

Post by g8ayc » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:08 pm

The Pluto Plus would be an excellent solution for WB and NB work. It is very stable frequency wise compared to the original Pluto.

I have, however, run into a problem with mine and I'm sure one of you gurus can suggest something. I did have it working OK on NB and WB but now I have a strange effect, even when running the standard AD firmware - I've tried all versions from v0.31 onwards. I can load the firmware in the normal way by copying it to the 'drive' on the Pluto, ejecting it, and waiting for it to finish and reload as a USB device. It's running fine as a server and can access the html file and have the usual double flashing LED. But, as soon as I apply a 5V source to the power USB connector, the firmware stops running and I just have left a permanently on green LED.

I don't know if this is a particular problem with the Plus or is it something you recognise as a problem with the normal Pluto?

Any thoughts of wisdom gratefully received!

Nigel G8AYC.

g8lce

Re: Pluto Plus problem

Post by g8lce » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:19 pm

Do you need the extra 5volt supply connected?
When using a normal Pluto on my network the power is supplied via the y lead to the network adapter and Pluto. Only one USB connected to the Pluto. Same thing when working straight from PC or Portsdown, only one USB connected. The power is supplied via the 'controlling' USB lead.
I only have the ordinary Pluto.

Martin G8LCE

g8ayc

Re: Pluto Plus problem

Post by g8ayc » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:40 pm

Thanks for the reply, Martin. I tried it with a Y cable as you suggested and it worked. I had previously run a standard Pluto with a seperate 5V feed going into it's other USB socket without any problems so not sure what the difference is.

Nigel G8AYC.

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”