FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams >> New V2.80

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
F1EJP

FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams >> New V2.80

Post by F1EJP » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 pm

Hello,

As promised, here is a little software that will replace the script I distributed V01.20 which allowed ffmpeg to be used with OBS or VMIX.
The software is a first distribution in version V2.44
> Thanks to Jean-Pierre F6DZP for his advice and help in developing better flow calculations than some calculators on the Internet!
It comes with everything you need, No need to install FFMPEG
New compression enhancements by offering the default settings optimized for compression.
The advantage is being able to use the NVIDIA GPU or recent Intel processors which integrate a processing unit but software compression is also offered.
The Stream which is encoded in mpeg-TS outputs in UDP
I use it as an IPTS input on the Potsdown 3 and I believe that there is an Evariste F5OEO version of the Pluto firmware which allows UDP input

Good image definitions are obtained for fairly low bit rates.
> I hope your feedback from tests which will permit the software to be optimized. :D

Sorry File is too large for this forum.. you can download it on vivadatv.org:
http://www.vivadatv.org//viewtopic.php?f=78&t=854
See you soon on QO100

NEW VERSION 2.50 http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=859
NEW VERSION 2.52 http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 9&start=10
NEW VERSION 2.73
NEW VERSION 2.77 http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=866
NEW VERSION 2.80 http://www.vivadatv.org//viewtopic.php? ... 6&start=10
73 to all
Dominique
F1EJP
Last edited by F1EJP on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:41 pm, edited 15 times in total.

G4FKK

Re: FreeStreamCoder

Post by G4FKK » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:46 am

Hi Dominique,

Just downloaded the software and so far so good. It worked first time and is using much less CPU than OBS' native RTMP stream.

My ancient i5 PC does not have the Intel H265 hardware facility but can just about cope with H264 as long as I keep the output resolution fairly low. My Pluto is loaded with Evariste's version 2511 firmware and seems very happy running the UDP stream.

Tomorrow I'll try IPTS with my Portsdown4 and report back.

Many thanks for providing your software.

73, Martin - G4FKK

VK3IE

Post by VK3IE » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:34 am

Thanks
Not to much hair pulling both OBS and Vmix doing their thing IPTS in Portsdown4 S/S2 4000kS
Excellent thank you
Robert

Chance to see it DVB-T compatible as well ?

G7VVF

Post by G7VVF » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi Dominique,
thanks for your hard work. I have installed it on my 6th gen I6 that I have been using successfully when running your previous scripts. However I have a problem with this new application. It seems to want to stream at a very large bit rate and obviously it fails, I suspect a FFmpeg/windows issue.
It seems to have confused kb/s with b/s as it trying to stream at a rate a 1000 times greater!

2021-06-08 15_16_09-Start.png
2021-06-08 15_16_09-Start.png (43.27 KiB) Viewed 9323 times
It behaves the same what ever settings I used.
I have installed it on another 6th gen I5 and it works correctly. Do you know what can be causing this issue?

many thanks
Duncan G7VVF

G7VVF

Post by G7VVF » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi Dominique,

I seem to have fixed it but I'm not sure why I had the problem in the first place.
I had already reinstalled your application and this had made no difference. However when windows would start your old script would launch along with OBS and Vmix.
I stopped those programs from launching when windows started, I also deleted the C:\F1EJP and C:\ffmpeg and then reinstalled your app again and now it works correctly.
I thought I would post this update, incase anyone else has the same problems as me.
Working well but at 4ms/s I get frequent picture freezes, this with Ryde as RX. 2M and 1M work well.

many thanks
Duncan G7VVF

F1EJP

Re: FreeStreamCoder New Graphics Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams

Post by F1EJP » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks all for your repply

G7VVF at more than 1M there is some problem with support of INTEL, is it you case ?
I think with Intel it's require a powerful processor
I have the same issue with my laptop but not with my PC with NVIDIA
Look at the task manager to see is there is saturations
Capturejj.JPG
Capturejj.JPG (48.2 KiB) Viewed 9264 times
73 Dominique

F1EJP

Re: FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams

Post by F1EJP » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:59 pm

hello

Someone has some test feedback to share with us ?
(with Portsdown or Pluto )

73 for all
Dominique F1EJP

G4NZV

Post by G4NZV » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:15 pm

Hi Dominique,

Update. Problem resolved:

Problem: When the Pluto is connected directly to the MinitunerUSBRX via coax and attenuators the 146.5MHz signal does not lock on Ryde or Portsdown4.
Solution: When an air-gap is introduced all works well on 146.5MHz.
Conclusion: Very high MER can have this effect; the airgap MER measured on MiniTioune v1.0.1.0r is 26dB, when coax and attenuators are used the MER is 40dB.

I will leave the following as a record of my tests.

<<<<<<PLEASE DISREGARD THE 146.5MHz ISSUE. PROBLEM RESOLVED>>>>>>

I have started to evaluate FreeStreamCoder V02.44 and I like the interface and the simplicity of the design when used with OBS and Pluto DVB V0303. The improvement on video quality using H265 over H264 is noticeable. For receive I am using either a Ryde or Portsdown4, or MinitunerUSBRX & Win10PC MiniTioune V1.0.1p.

Test 1.
Decode my video in the shack via a cable and attenuators to a MinitunerUSBRX. Works well on DVBS2/QPSK 437, 1298.5 & 2322.5MHz 333KS 2/3FEC on all three systems.

Test 2.
Change transmit frequency using Adalm-Pluto DATV Controller to 146.5MHz Works well using MinitunerUSBRX & Win10PC, however does not work on Portsdown4 or Ryde. The signal locks occasionally but no video. The only system change is plugging the USB cable of the MinitunerUSBRX into the three different systems.

For my use I would like to receive video on 146.5MHz using all three systems as they are used with my transverters for the microwave bands.

Hope I have made an error here, please correct me. Happy to try other tests if requested and they are feasible with my current equipment.

I see this software setup as a big step forward for transmission of DATV pictures for ease of use and swiftly changing frequencies and other video parameters.

73 Steve G4NZV
Last edited by G4NZV on Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

G4KLB

Post by G4KLB » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:21 pm

Hi Dominique,

I have used it on the BATC QO 100 net using my PC with NVIDIA graphics card and had good reports.
The only comment was that the lip sync was out, so I will need to change that in OBS as it its obviously different to the scrips I was running before.

It seems to be very stable as I have left it running for more than one hour before I started to TX.

Thanks for your great work.

Colin G4KLB

G4FKK

Post by G4FKK » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:11 am

Hi Dominique,

I've been using your excellent software on QO100 and also on 437MHz to the GB3HV DATV repeater in Farnham.

My PC is rather underpowered, equipped only with an older Intel i5 not capable of producing H265 hardware encoding, so I suspect my testing and results are limited more by my hardware than your software! Most of my testing so far has concentrated on generating H264, 333kS at 2/3 FEC, 25FPS using the encoder set to "INTEL". This works very well and appears reliable in the long term. The only issue I've seen is the lip-sync drifting as time goes by; sometimes by quite a large amount (several seconds in the worst case). As I mentioned, I suspect this is mainly due to my primitive hardware. Null packets seem to average out at around 6 to 7%.

I've also tried the encoder set to "SOFT" in both H264 and H265. This appears to work well too although the resultant picture quality is not as good as when set to "INTEL". Overall CPU usage is around 45% in both modes with no other resource-hungry programs running (other than OBS). The H265 picture quality is noticeably worse than H264 at 333kS which was unexpected (by me at any rate). I need to do more testing at other symbol rates but Mrs. FKK usually has other plans for my 'spare' time :roll:

I'm hoping to upgrade my PC in the not too distant future but graphics cards still seem hard to get hold of at a reasonable cost.

Thanks for all your hard work and for making it available to the rest of us.

73, Martin - G4FKK

Forgot to mention - I'm using a Pluto running Evariste's version 2511 with an F5UII patch (I can't remember which one offhand). It also works if I stream the UDP to Portsdown 4 IPTS also driving a Pluto with the same 2511 plus patch.

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”