FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams >> New V2.80

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
mm0mgb

Re: FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams

Post by mm0mgb » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Hi,
I’m stuck! Got the obs27 to stream to the portsdown 4 using the instructions on the batc website with the modified ini on the obs software and a batch file. Great thinks I I’ll try the up to date way.

I start the virtual camera on obs and start the freestream coder and I get the red light going green, a wee flash on the Portsdown but no numbers in the iptv stream window and the freestream software.

I tried going back by uninstalling everything and reinstalling, also deleted ffmeg and the folder created by free stream but cannot get anything to work again.

I really want to get the very elegant free stream interface to work but I need help!
Hope this made sense, running on Ryzen 7 with nvidea card but using software option for coding

Andrew (brain hurting😢)

F1EJP

Post by F1EJP » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:21 pm

Hi Andrew,

if the light turns green it means that ffmpeg is starting well.
On the other hand if there is no flow it is like the virtual camera did not work properly.
You should test with the previous scripts and see if you also have this problem to confirm its origin.

Dominique F1EJP

mm0mgb

Post by mm0mgb » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:31 pm

Hi Dominique,

Thanks for getting back to me, I tested the virtual camera with Skype and I could see the OBS output and it looked fine. This has a silly setting in OBs that I just cant find feeling. Your interface looks great and would make life with OBS so simple!

so Green LED good but IPTV output 0 bad. I'm using OBS27, the latest variant as when I tried to get the older version it just kept giving me v27, it has the Virtual camera integrated in the software but I cant find any settings for it that I can change

Andrew

G7JTT

Post by G7JTT » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:15 pm

Hi Andrew,
I take it that you have install the virtual cam plugin and not using the built-in virtual cam ?

73 John G7JTT

mm0mgb

Post by mm0mgb » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:53 pm

is that my problem? I assumed the integrated one was the one to use,

A

mm0mgb

Post by mm0mgb » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:05 pm

Thank you John, right on the money! when I installed the plugin version everything went good. So even if you are using OBS v27 with the integrated virtual cam you need to download and install the plug in for it all to work with the fantastic Freestream coder.

Thanks John and Dominique for getting this working for me, I was going round the twist XYL convinced I had lost it!!!!

Andrew MM0MGB

G7JTT

Post by G7JTT » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:50 am

Hi Andrew,

Yes the Plugin is the one to use as it also has audio as well unlike the one that come with OBS, if you click on tools your see a tab for Virtualcam where you can adjust some parameters.

Anyway glad your up and running now 73 John G7JTT

F1EJP

Post by F1EJP » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:38 pm

Hello,

Following the request of several of you here is a new version 2.50 which implements the data rate calculation for DVB-T
> It includes some small fixes.
Thanks to Freddy ON1EVO for the DVB-T formula
Not being equipped for DVB-T reception, I let you test and give us a feedback. ;)

You can download on VivaDATV:
http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=859

Dominique F1EJP

Pa3fbx

Re: FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams V2.50

Post by Pa3fbx » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:22 am

hI.
Finaly played with your great tool.

My setup: OBS with 1050 Nvidia card capable for Hvec...
Creating UDP stream to my pluto running Dec version of F5OEO (so i do not need to choose the rtmp of udp in the setup)

So got the virtual cam with works fine..
Got your great tool and followed the PDF.

Input and setup is straight forward but for the pluto transmittor i got confusted..
Obvious the IP was simple but not the port.
Default 10000 didn't work and so is the rtmp 7272 port not working..
Finally the 8282 UDP works but than the need for a lot of settings is a big ?

So the output of the freestreamcoder is UDP or RTMP or ????

Why is rtmp port 7272 not working..
(as this would bypass the pluto settings)

Best regards
Benno

g4eml

Re: FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams V2.50

Post by g4eml » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:52 am

RTMP cannot handle H265 so the only option is UDP.

I agree it is annoying that it needs settings to be changed and matched on both the software and on the Pluto. I am sure it should be possible to make the Pluto remotely configurable.

Colin.

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”