Across town on 4m DVB-T

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
radiogareth

Across town on 4m DVB-T

Post by radiogareth » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:23 am

Yesterday afternoon Martin G4FKK and I experimented with our 4m gear, spurred on in part by me testing my Portsdown4 on 6m and finding that I could easily decode myself across the shack. Unfortunately my 6/4 brick amp seems to have stopped amplifying so I wasn't able to raise more than 1/2 a watt on 6 to my colinear - the drive from the Pluto is noticeably smaller than on 4m. SInce I had a beam already pointing in Martins direction we moved to 4m and then tried various guard bands and FEC rates and video sources. I was getting a 10dB SNR with Martin running 2.5W at 500SR, about 7 miles obstructed path, a 4 element his end and a 5 my end. Somewhat encouraged by this, I tried sending 'barefoot' (about 1/2 a watt) using 150SR and he got a reasonable lock.
All good stuff :-)
Gareth

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”