Using an ffmpeg script (batch file) between OBS Virtual Cam and Pluto 0303

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g4saq

Using an ffmpeg script (batch file) between OBS Virtual Cam and Pluto 0303

Post by g4saq » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:06 pm

Firstly, I think this post has probably been eclipsed by the work of Dominique, F1EJP (below). Anyway, it may still help someone, so here goes:

I hope some may find this helpful. I have just succeeded in getting OBS Virtual Cam (the plug-in) to connect with Pluto 0303 using an ffmpeg batch file. The batch file enables my computer's Nvidia GTX1650 Super graphics card to encode an H.265 stream. This process has been well documented by Mike G0MJW and others. It provides greater flexibility and control than using the 'Recording' function in OBS (the only way to send an H.265 stream directly from OBS).

My problem was due to the fact that I was using the latest version of ffmpeg! At first I could not get the batch file to work. Then I discovered that the commands in ffmpeg to deal with hevc_nvenc (H.265) encoding were changed somewhere around version 4.3.0. I have no idea how to update the ffmpeg commands in the batch file. However, installing an earlier version of ffmpeg did the trick!! (I used v4.3.2 issued on 29/5/20)
Russ

yaumatei

Re: Using an ffmpeg script (batch file) between OBS Virtual Cam and Pluto 0303

Post by yaumatei » Wed May 19, 2021 8:30 am

In the ffmpeg-version 4.4 the option -rc cbr_hq is deprecated.

[hevc_nvenc @ 0000022453edf680] Specified rc mode is deprecated.
[hevc_nvenc @ 0000022453edf680] Use -rc constqp/cbr/vbr, -tune and -multipass instead.

i use the option -rc cbr and it works fine.

73 de db2bg, Walter

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”