Script for generate IPTV with OBS + FFMPEG + NVIDIA card OR cpu INTEL

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G8LES

Re: Script for generate IPTV with OBS + FFMPEG + NVIDIA card OR cpu INTEL

Post by G8LES » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:54 pm

The -muxrate %VIDRATE% works thanks, no equals symbol needed

It is so much better than DATV EXpress encoding at 333K which stutters and breaks up.

It's windy and wet here, 8 power cuts tonight, the joys of a hilltop location.

Mike G8LES

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:41 pm

roland_F8CHK wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:31 am
Hi Mike and Mike!,

@G8LES tnx for report, unfortunetly I know nothing about DATV Express, so I am afraid I cannot help you for the moment. What are the differences between LP 14 and others?

@G0MJW, I am using the free community version of Visual Studio 2019 and using C# for coding. I was a fan of Borland C++ some years ago also! and Borland Turbo Pascal back in the 90's I think!

For the video settings, I use the same as Dominique in his script, so you can have a look. I have all the parts to play with a Ryde so I will try to test here.

Attached a version with corrections for the Intel video codecs.

conf_ffmpeg.zip
Hi Roland

This version does not remember the config settings properly. Some like call but not frame rate or resolution or audio bitrate.

Mike

roland_F8CHK

Post by roland_F8CHK » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:35 am

Hello Mike,

As always, tnx for report! I think that the problem is coming from the way I manage the defaults values for each SR! I will modify it.

Roland F8CHK

dc1op

Post by dc1op » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi all,
reading through all the contributions re this topic triggered 2 questions:

1. OBS version 26.1.1. shows in its desktop a button "start virtual cam". If the function is activated the result can be seen e.g. in Zoom which found the virtual cam as an active element. When the function than is disactivated, the information field in Zoom is greyed out with the virtual cam not active any longer. In his write-up G8KQ mentions that a virtual cam add-on for OBS is necessary and be installed in addition to OBS itself. My question is what does the add-on do in relation to the built in virtual cam function in OBS?

2. The title of the discussion was extended at a certain point in time to "or CPU INTEL". I have read somewhere (pity, forgot where) that the INTEL core ix series cpus include a h265 encoding module. Does sombody have a more detailed information about which series are affected?

tnx, 73, Hubertus, dc1op

g4eml

Post by g4eml » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:47 pm

1. The built in OBS virtual cam is video only and does not include audio. It is necessary to use the older plugin version of virtual cam to get video and audio support.

2. Many of the more recent Intel CPUs support Hardware encoding. However it can be confusing to find out which ones. You need to look up the full specification for your CPU on the Intel website and see if it supports 'Quick Sync Video' which is what Intel calls the hardware encoder feature.
Dominique's script supports both Nvidia and Intel encoders.

Colin G4EML

roland_F8CHK

Post by roland_F8CHK » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Hi all,

New version of conf_ffmpeg, personnal settings for each SR should now be saved.
If you are running last firmware on Pluto, with MQTT server, you should be able to change SR and FEC on the fly, ffmpeg will be stop and restart to take care of the new bitrate.
I have some problem managing the PTT of Pluto from my soft, so not available for the moment!
There are some others limitations in this version, only QPSK available.

Roland F8CHK
Conf_ffmpeg.zip
(360.66 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi Roland,

Great - some anomalies (bugs?)

On first startup, it hangs and then complains no MQTT server available. Perhaps set MQTT off by default?

One time I had saved some changes but not started OBS. Clicking OK without starting OBS caused it to crash. It lost all the settings that had supposedly been saved. Save settings does not appear to do what we expect. Application->ProcessMessages needed?

Mike

roland_F8CHK

Post by roland_F8CHK » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 am

Hi Mike,

Arghhhhh! Yes, better to have MQTT uncheked for the first time! and last minute change on savings is not a good idea...
Waiting for your comments! and thanks for the time consummed on that!
73 and have a nice day,
Roland F8CHK
Conf_ffmpeg.zip
(360.82 KiB) Downloaded 230 times

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:52 am

I will try after work.

I found one of my laptops would not run it at all. I don't know why yet. It is an i5 from 2016 so not so modern but not so old either.

A feature suggestion. Select other inputs than OBS and VMIX. For example there is usually a default microphone and often a webcam built into a laptop which would make a nice minimalist system for the beginner daunted by OBS and VMIX.

Instead of saying - start XXX before running, if nothing started use the built in ffmpeg test card and audio tone. Perhaps the OM wants to check the Pluto is working and just needs a test signal. It might also be easier on lower powered PCs to use a webcam.

I am sure all of this is a lot of work!

Finally - audio latency. Have you found a fix for this? It seems to vary and it's not clear where this variation is occurring. To some extent is appears related to the bit rate, so it might be in ffmpeg or the Pluto remultiplexer.

Finally again (I lied last time) can this also be scaled for DVB-T? It should be mostly the same except the calculations need to be for DVB-T modulation bandwidths and FEC.

Mike

roland_F8CHK

Post by roland_F8CHK » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:23 pm

Hi Mike,

Ok, tnx for suggestions! DVB-T is a thing I had in view!

No idea for the audio latency for the moment, I will check. Ok for minimalist configuration and ffmpeg testcard !

Roland.

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”