2 chsnnel DATV repeater outputs

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g7ntg

2 chsnnel DATV repeater outputs

Post by g7ntg » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:17 am

How about DATV repeaters transmitting two simultaneous signals say, one at 1000s/r so that it can be received on a set top box and the other at 333 or 125 s/r for the fringe receivers like myself? The carriers can be very close together - I have done this on 23cms terrestrial TV and also via Es'Hail with very good results. I didn't see any application at the time - I just wanted to try it!

I used two portsdown transmitters fed into a 23cms splitter combiner via variable attenuators into one power amplifier.

I will do some more experiments here between myself here in Kettering and Arthur G4CPE in Luton next week.

This would hopefully make a big increase in DATV repeater useage and encourage more people into DATV

g7ntg

Re: 2 chsnnel DATV repeater outputs

Post by g7ntg » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Just done some longer distance testing with Arthur G4CPE and Steve M0SKM between Kettering and Luton with 2 channels 1MHz apart , one on 437MHz 1000s/r together with 436MHz at 333 s/r both transmitted through the same PA with very good results and no degradation of either signal.
Therefore it should work with repeater outputs and I would suggest two symbol rates; 1000 for 99.99% of set top box receivers and 125 s/r to vastly increase the coverage area albeit with lower quality.

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”