Pluto not transmitting when OBS stream indicator is green.

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
darrenrainer

Pluto not transmitting when OBS stream indicator is green.

Post by darrenrainer » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:03 am

Hi all,

I have updated my Pluto to the Custom firmware. The Pluto transmits ok using DATVExpress but doesn't go into a transmit state when I stream from OBS to the Pluto. The OBS stream indicator goes green indicating it is successfully sending to the Pluto and I am using the settings from the examples on the Wiki. I am making sure I am sending video at the correct rate so it stays green on OBS. I have tried with and without power supply on the Pluto. Any idea please ?
73s
Darren G4VTQ

g8lce

Re: Pluto not transmitting when OBS stream indicator is green.

Post by g8lce » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:33 am

Hi Darren,

You could try vMix and see if that works. I think the stream settings are similar. vMix stream goes red when working.

Martin G8LCE

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Network problem possibly ruled out be green indicators. You have not sent the right commands, or you have not got the settings right for the data. Oh - and the pluto does not go into transmit, it's duplex. It might be sending at a level you can't detect. The best was to diagnose this is to ssh into the pluto and look at what processes are running.

Mike

darrenrainer

Post by darrenrainer » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Thank you both for the replies. I'm not quite sure what has changed but it is now working. I have even got it working on the network connection using a otg adaptor. Next thing is I need to short out the two grounds on the pluto pcb as the pluto looses the network connection as soon as I plug in my 20w sglabs amplifier. Hopefully will have this on the air by the end of the weekend
73s
Darren G4VTQ

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”