This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.
I don't connect the Pluto to Portsdown. I use a Limemini with the RPi and Portsdown and ipstream to it from a hdmi to ip streamer (AMX 1100). The audio overloads the data at 333ks SR as it's lowest rate is 64kb/s audio sampling. If I could do a similar thing using the Pluto instead of the RPi, Portsdown and Limemini, the latest software resamples the incomming audio to 32kb/s and the data is not overloaded so much.
g0mjw The powering of the adapter does make a difference. If I power the adapter from a RPi PSU (via the y lead ) then I see it but cannot communicate with it. Powering it via the Pluto (via a RPi PSU into the power mini usb of the Pluto ) I do not see it!
I have a feeling this is not how it was. It seems to me that things are getting worse!
I see that only 1 core was indicated on the read out so I have re-enabled the second core.
Anyway as a change from all this I decided to replace the LDMOS output FET in my 150watt 23cms linear that had blown. Once the printed circuit boards were unsoldered I heated the copper base with the soldered FET on an electric cooking ring and monitored the temperature with a thermal sensor. Once the solder melted I took the blown FET off and stuck the new one on and cooled the copper with a little water. Once back together the linear works even better than before!!! (more gain) If anyone is thinking about doing this remember that the solder used is low melting point stuff at 140 degrees C and there could be enough left to resolder the new FET rather than spending 3 or 4 times the cost of the replacement FET on solder.
So one success and I have ordered another OTG to USB cable to try that ( I have several USB to network convertors that I have tried ). I will find the solution to this Pluto network connection eventually
Thanks for your help so far
See you on Oscar 100