Adalm-Pluto or Lime-Mini?

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G3YQC

Adalm-Pluto or Lime-Mini?

Post by G3YQC » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:04 pm

I am currently using a Lime-Mini with DATV Express software and am quite happy with the transmitted results, however; I see much talk on the QO-100 chat screen about using the Pluto with f5OEO firmware and the results I see are very good.

QUESTION: Is there any advantage in using the Pluto setup as opposed to the Lime/DATV Express?

I have read the new post on the BATC Wiki.

Thanks guys
John G3YQC

M5TXJ

Re: Adalm-Pluto or Lime-Mini?

Post by M5TXJ » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:39 am

Morning John,
My tuppence worth.
I was an early buyer of a Pluto and felt a bit left out as Portsdown went the Lime route. However, now with the work from Evariste and also the remote control software of Jean-Pierre Pluto is making a bit of a comeback. The signal quality produced by the Pluto is really good with constellations that are very tight and low secondary regrowth shoulders, I can't speak for the Lime in these areas. I'm currently putting together the necessary bits to run my Pluto remotely and send signals to it from OBS. I'll keep my Portsdown 2018 for lower bands but for my QO-100 aspirations Pluto is ideal.
73 Dave
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:43 am

The lime works with a pi or a jetson nano. The pluto works on it's own. If you already have a lime and a pi or nano then there is no great advantage. The pluto spectrum is a bit better but this is not really visible on QO100.

The next DATV tranceiver, that will come out the day after you order whatever you order, will no doubt be better still.

Mike

G3YQC

Post by G3YQC » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:53 pm

OK thanks guys. It's all very interesting and fascinating to see the progress in this area since QO-100. At least I know I am not missing anything at the moment.

Best 73
John G3YQC

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”