Minitiouner UDP to OBS

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G4WIM

Minitiouner UDP to OBS

Post by G4WIM » Fri May 31, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi guys,

I have Minitiouner generating a multicast signal which can be decoded using VLC on a stand alone PC but what I'm trying to do is to get OBS to accept the stream from Minitiouner.

Looks like OBS can't handle udp as an input stream.

Does anyone have the secret sauce to allow Mintiouner to talk to OBS ?

Regards Tim

G7JTT

Re: Minitiouner UDP to OBS

Post by G7JTT » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:19 am

Easiest way is to run VLC on the same pc as OBS then window grab the contents. I do similar to this as OBS won't play videos as a source (just black screen) so I play videos within VLC then grab that as a source.

All best John G7JTT

G4WIM

Post by G4WIM » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:45 am

Hi John,

thanks for the tip - working nicely now.

I had been try to 'sheep dip' the MT udp stream thru' VLC to convert it to RTSP or some other protocol which OBS could handle but didn't get very far.

73 Tim

gi7ugv

Post by gi7ugv » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:01 pm

OBS will take a UDP output from Minitioune if needed, I'm having to do this as I'm using different computers for OBS & Minitioune.

It's not perfect though, sometimes it doesn't work or does not pick up on changing what you're receiving. Removing the source and adding it again seems to give it the kick it needs but it's a pain.

In OBS sources add a "VLC Video Source" add a playlist source and "add Path/URL" then enter the UDP URL you're using. The working UDP input from the beacon is shown below.

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”