Worthing TV Repeater Group.

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G1BVI

Worthing TV Repeater Group.

Post by G1BVI » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:20 pm

A long time ago...... probably mid 90s I was involved with the Worthing TV group and got as far as building an Alford slot plus some analogue TX and RX kit incliding a Croppeddi?? test generator.
Sadly living where I did in a dip I had no success.

Using google I found a link
http://www.videorepeater.co.uk

The website looks as I recall it back in the day so I wondered if the group was still active?

Nick

G4GUO

Re: Worthing TV Repeater Group.

Post by G4GUO » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:15 pm

The Worthing group is pretty much defunct. Some members still live in the area
others have moved away but no one is active any more.

- Charles

G1BVI

Post by G1BVI » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:01 am

Thanks Charles
It was a long time ago.
Jim G4DRV got me involved I forget the names of the others.

I remember all the problems we had getting a repeater and Gatwick Radar.

Happy times....

Nick

G3UEQ

Post by G3UEQ » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi Nick/Charles

I was member back in mid 90s, and as you say the website is still the same as it was then, my pic is still there operating from the attic, Rob G4RRU, Martin G8KOE, Robin G8XEU, Geoff G8DHE, Roy G4WTV, Peter G4PAP and John G6MPE, they were fundamental in setting up the 3 Brighton ATV repeaters and numerous others. According to UK repeater group ETCC, the 1.3GHz box is still operational.

I have been disposing of about 5 Solent TXs, and still have two of the Worthing aerials and my original PLL controlled Solent TX.Used to do mobile ATV around Worthing / Chichester with Worthing aerial out sun roof on car. Also don't forget the chicken interview at Amberly Chalk Pits museum, that was mid 80s though. We also did mobile ATV on 70cms from the open top buses there
Happy days as you say.

Andy G3UEQ
G3UEQ via GB3VR.jpg
G3UEQ via GB3VR.jpg (48.91 KiB) Viewed 2832 times

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”