Switching stuff from PTT

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
gm1mfn

Re: Switching stuff from PTT

Post by gm1mfn » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:48 pm

g0mjw wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:45 pm
gm1mfn wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 am
Humble apologies, I didn't anticipate that and didn't download it before deleting. I think it's probably gone from the server now so can't be restored.
Strange. I found them on FB uploaded again and the old ones re-appeared!
Thanks Mike. It actually appears to be the new set showing twice. I'm not quite sure how that happened.
Doppler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:05 pm

MN-tech wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:17 pm
I can't find the schematic you are discussing but I do want to add that there are many ICs made for this purpose. They take a logic level in and switch a higher voltage. Digi-key calls them " PMIC - Power Distribution Switches, Load Drivers".

Here is one high current example. BTS500551TMBAKSA1
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/2051619

John
That is an interesting device. I have seen similar associated with battery management. It has some useful additional features. How about a design using one?

Mike

G4FRE

Post by G4FRE » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:18 pm

For high side switching I have been using the bts4142 and bts4140 4 terminal devices for a few years now. The BTS4142 is activated by volts on the control pin, the BTS4140 is activated by a ground on the control pin. They will switch 48V, but being intended for car applications they have "undervoltage protection" and so wont switch 5V. They current limit at 2A. As well as PA volt switching, XV switching and antenna relay switching, as written up on my web site, I also developed a power distribution PCB which has four BTS4142 onboard

Dave
G4FRE

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”