Limesdr-mini w/datv express v1.25LP10

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
N6GKJ2

Limesdr-mini w/datv express v1.25LP10

Post by N6GKJ2 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Hi guys!

I finally received my Limesdr-mini. Downloaded the drivers, upgraded datv express to LP10. I have encountered a few strange anomalies.

First off system as follows

Windows 7 Laptop Platform
I7core @ 2400mhz
16gb ram

First thing I noticed is the output power rises to full output, then drops by 3db then rises to full output. This happens about every 5 seconds.

I also noticed that there is about a 3 second lag on movement on receiver monitoring the transmitter.

Also I am plugged into a USB3 port. My computer tells me the device will run better on a Super Speed USB 3.0 port. The next time I plug it in it tells me a high speed USB2 port will make it perform better. I have never encountered that before. I only have the one computer with USB3.0

Using datv express or Pluto this does not happen. Plus there is no lag in video.

It could be I have something wrong in my config.

Has anyone else seen this occur?

Thanks,

Ron,
N6GKJ

KenW6HHC

Re: Limesdr-mini w/datv express v1.25LP10

Post by KenW6HHC » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi Ron N6GKJ,

No one else has reported this problem with a LimeSDR-mini - where the output power rises to full output, then drops by 3db, then rises to full output every 5 seconds.?? To me, it almost sounds like the LimeSDR-mini could be cycling through it's built in '"calibration process", over and over again.

The project team's best guess is that you have either a unique computer or you have a unique installation of software and drivers and other applications? Perhaps via the USB3 port electrical design on this computer, the LimeSDR-mini is unable to get enough power?? If this is the issue, then a powered-external-USB-3-hub could resolve the problem. Another possibility is the USB-3 cable connecting to the LimeSDR-mini is marginal?

Let me know if these suggestions make an impact....de Ken W6HHC

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”