Upgrading ADALM-Pluto to include 70MHz - HOW -?

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
radiogareth

Upgrading ADALM-Pluto to include 70MHz - HOW -?

Post by radiogareth » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:48 am

I've finally got my hands on a Pluto unit and have got it working.
So far I've managed to upgrade it to FW version 0.28.
Installed Express DVB and got it transmitting on 437. Can also select and view a plain carrier (tick box in XPDVB) on similar frequencies via my SDR receiver.
It (Pluto) doesn't transmit a carrier on e.g. 70.400 Mhz so I'm assuming the firmware upgrade does not include the required fixes to open the TRX range up.
I've read the wiki entry herer https://wiki.analog.com/university/tool ... ustomizing and had it run the diagnostic for me (hence version number retrieved).
In terms of upgrading the coverage it then says
"From your favorite serial application, just open a serial connection to the PlutoSDR. The username is root and the password is analog."

Hang on, its USB device?? What is the author on about? Hyperterminal?? Or what?

SO could anyone provide a blow by blow guide on how to get into this particular menu/config file?

Much appreciated.....can't help but think AD should have done a better job of this documentation....

g8gtz

Re: Upgrading ADALM-Pluto to include 70MHz - HOW -?

Post by g8gtz » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:59 am

The author is correct - for more info / background and instructions try searching for
extending range of adalm pluto
Noel

radiogareth

Re: Upgrading ADALM-Pluto to include 70MHz - HOW -?

Post by radiogareth » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:29 pm

OK, so I tried a LMGTFY and this was a hit https://www.rtl-sdr.com/adalm-pluto-sdr ... x-install/
which very kindly adds a few key steps, not least I didn't know Putty did serial comms. (I do now) and the Pluto pops up a carrier for me on 71 MHz. The above article incorrectly includes the quote marks around the AD9364, spotted that as I trawled the Pluto thread on here.
All's good :-)
PCB and PA module ordered too :-)

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”