70cms PAs Russia, Russian Federation

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G8DKC

70cms PAs Russia, Russian Federation

Post by G8DKC » Wed May 30, 2018 8:22 am

Found this on DigitalATV@yahoogroups.com

https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Power-Amp ... SwUn9Z9wvs

If you pop in CDMA amplifier base station etc. to Ebay uk other goodies come up...

Peter

VK5YYY

Re: 70cms PAs Russia, Russian Federation

Post by VK5YYY » Thu May 31, 2018 3:03 pm

I bought a couple of these, haven't quite figured out the control pins, there is a few pins to start each stage up in sequence
I've made a drawing up and still haven't got it totally going
The devices are all high spec and should be good for the 7mhz DVBT we have in VK at 446.5mhz
They are fairly recent technology compared with the earlier version (described below), you'll need a big heat sink and a good power supply

The Russian guy seems to take offers and sent a new board when I was not 100% happy with one of my purchases
He's also dropped the price considerably

I've bought several of his other older CDMA amps too
https://www.ebay.com/itm/High-Power-Amp ... SwlfxXG1AI
They take 27V only about 11 - 13% efficient from memory
I can connect a home style DVBT modulator direct to the input and generate up to 15 Watts
The MER of the output signal is one of the best I've seen, (for a cheap EBAY amp) much better than Mitsubishi Modules
The Amp is designed for around 40 Watts but gets very hot and sucks current, at that power and skirts start to appear
A Watt or two was enough for a 50km DX from home into a 9 element Yagi
XYL had trouble with the garage door opener though on 433mhz 3 metres away LOL
There is no modification required to make it work, just a decent power supply, and lovely clean output at low power
An on board controller turns the power on to each stage in sequence upon power up unlike the new ones
One of my best Ebay purchases

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”