This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.
Thanks a lot for your DATVExpress software. Anyway I have some problems...I have tested it with a PC windows (core i7) 10, up to date with Pluto and lime sdr mini.
No major problem with Pluto. With Lime mini, connected in USB3, latest drivers, the board is often not recognised by the software, I have to relaunch, to disconnect the board, trying again and so on, and sometimes it is not working at all and I have to reboot windows. The dialog between the board and the software during initialisation seems to be very slow (ie when I do a parameter modification in the software I have to wait quite a long time compared with the Pluto). However when it works it is fine. Seems to a mismatch? Drivers problem ? Any idea ?
I suspect it will be down to Lime updating their drivers, this is going
to be an ongoing issue until their product becomes mature. I will have
a look in the next few days but it will need a new version of the Express
software if they have in fact updated the drivers.
Thanks for your answer. I have made some more testing. The pb appear when I launch the software, sometimes the board lime is not recognised, and when I open the windows task manager, express server is active in the processus list but not in the application list. When all is ok, express server appear in the application list. When I use only the board on USB (nothing else, no mouse), it is much better nearly all times. Same problems on others PC. The board lime seems to be ok, I have made the quicktest under ubuntu and no problem detected, even with USB. I have also noticed that the different lime dll packaged with your latest software are older than those from latest windows LimeSuite. I agree with you, there is an USB problem somewhere, does anybody have encountered the same bug ?
Again thanks for your great job.
Yves (F4HSL )
Yesterday I had very similar problems; at first I noticed the GUI kept closing and output ceased. However on occasions the GUI closed but transmission continued. Today I have used the same setup and it has been better behaved; although the board is often not recognised.
Lime Mini has previously worked fine with this laptop and software. I'm pleased it's not just me with issues.
I am currently running
I have not tried that command from Windows.
I will think about adding a dialog to the Express program that displays the firmware version.
but I need to add some code to check the library and firmware match.
I got a bit diverted this morning (getting stuff ready for Es'hail 2), watching
the signal path videos on Youtube and reading about GR-Wavelearner
(applying AI to Gnuradio).