Lime Mini idea?

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
radiogareth

Lime Mini idea?

Post by radiogareth » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:36 pm

A friend of mine posted this..3
http://www.mwrf.com/systems/qa-raspberr ... 413cba4fb1

Like most Lime stuff very short on 'real working package, click here to download' but the concept looks excellent, depending on what sort of DTV it transmits. Pi Zero, Picam and a lime Mini. Certainly scope for a tiny package.

M0SKM

Re: Lime Mini idea?

Post by M0SKM » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:58 pm

This looks like the project Evariste F5OEO started a while back; the drawings look familiar.

Can I afford a LimeSDRMini :D

See his twitter posts from early January. https://twitter.com/F5OEOEvariste?lang=fr
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

G8GKQ
Site Admin

Post by G8GKQ » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:19 pm

Hi Steve

I will be looking to see if the Lime Mini could add any extra functionality to the Portsdown. I have one on order which I hope to receive in early March.

Dave G8GKQ

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:44 am

I had an email a couple of days ago to say my LimeMini had been dispatched so it should arrive in the next week.

- Charles

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 am

Minor update to the Lime situation.

I have managed to get a clean transmitted signal from my LimeMini using modified DATV-Express software.
However to get the best MER (>=36 db on Minitioune) the Lime has to do a transmitter calibration every time
the parameters change (frequency / power level). This unfortunately causes the Lime to emit RF bursts over
+/- 10 MHz from the tuned frequency. I am currently thinking about acceptable mitigation strategies for
this and that is why I have not released the code despite having posted some pictures on Twitter.

- Charles

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”