How to see the 2nd Digital Ch from the DTX1...?

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
VK3CSJ

How to see the 2nd Digital Ch from the DTX1...?

Post by VK3CSJ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:39 am

Hello Chaps,
Quick question, I purchased a while ago a DTX1 with BPF and 2 Watt PA module and a 2nd Encoder PCB.
I'm only just starting to play around with this device in this last day and have a quandary about how to 'view' the second video channel.

The only 2 DVB-S Receivers I have is a HUMAX 5400Z and the TT-Budget S2-1600 PCI Card running off the Tutioune program.

I can see the main Channel Video but I'm not quite sure what needs to be done to see the second digital channel, its probably right in front of my nose but if someone can suggest what has to be done....it would help.

Thanks

Clint Jeffrey - VK3CSJ
Melbourne, Victoria

g8vpg

Re: How to see the 2nd Digital Ch from the DTX1...?

Post by g8vpg » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Clint,
With your Humax receiver, you need to rescan the channel that you have set up to receive the DTX1 and it should pick up channel in the same way that it would pick up a new channel on a satellite transponder. You can tell that the DTX1 is sending two channels because you will see two animated arrows on the right of the display.
With minitioune/ tutioune software, if you enter the pids for the second channel ( from memory I think the second channel is 512/513) it should appear. Another way is to switch on the udp output and view it in a media player like VLC. The default url to enter into VLC is listed in the ini file.
73 Shaun.

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”