Leandvb and ADALM-Pluto

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
g4dcp

Leandvb and ADALM-Pluto

Post by g4dcp » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Just a query on how you can use leandvb with the adalm-pluto?

It there a howto or FAQ on this. I suspect one needs to build leandvb for the pluto and feed the results out to other devices.

I have seen the video of this being done but can't find any details to replicate it.

Many Thanks

Peter
G4DCP

pabr

Re: Leandvb and ADALM-Pluto

Post by pabr » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 am

Yes, you can compile leandvb on another ARM machine such as a Raspberry Pi and run the statically-linked binary on a Pluto. This is similar to what I recommended for using leandvb on Outernet embedded receivers:
http://www.pabr.org/radio/leandvb-satmo ... .html#chip
You will also need a command-line utility to capture IQ and feed it into leandvb; iio_readdev or ad9361-iiostream in the libiio source tree is a good start.

Hopefully I will release howto articles and an easy-to-use solution with pre-compiled sdcard images before the next batch of devices ships (mid November according to Mouser). Having an onboard CPU that can serve a web GUI is definitely a game changer for low-cost SDR.

g4dcp

Re: Leandvb and ADALM-Pluto

Post by g4dcp » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:45 am

Many Thanks I will give that a try!

Peter

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”