ADALM-PLUTO (new DATV SDR)

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G4GUO

Re: ADALM-PLUTO (new DATV SDR)

Post by G4GUO » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:06 am

1.25p5 has not been released, it was an emergency update required to fix a PTS/DTS issue
for a demonstration. It is however in my drop-box

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62ziua37jjlcn ... 5.zip?dl=0

It has not gone through exhaustive testing.

- Charles

G4GUO

Post by G4GUO » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:24 am

Yes GNURadio has a filter design package gr_filter_design (which I only found out about a couple of months ago).
I could try either building a filter using that or using it to analyse the filter I already have. Finding the time is the issue.
I am working hard on my DVB-S2 software demodulator at the moment and I don't want to get diverted.
My first job is to get the demodulator to operate at satellite TV symbol rates then I might think about a GUI which
will display constellation and eye patterns.

As you say the error people are seeing does not look like a filter problem it looks like something phase related.

- Charles
g0mjw wrote:Hi Charles,

Gnuradio has some filtering code that might be useful. Maybe I might also make my usual point about integer overflow, though I don't think its relevant this time.

Mike

F6DZP

Post by F6DZP » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:38 pm

Thank you Charles about all your explanations.

About the great difference between DATVexpress signal and Pluto signal, I continue to search some explanation and try to be sure that some part of it doesn't come from my environment or Minitioune.

But anaway the difference exists and is great. yes, we don't need 36DB of MER but I prefer to start with this kind of value than the 14dB I obtain with the Pluto.

About MiniTioune, the only thing I cannot change is that it will crash if you unplug the USB plug from the MiniTiouner or switch off it. As I constantly ask I2C to get the data and constellation, I cannot add a procedure to check if there is always someone plugged to the USB channel I am speaking.
I have developed a specific I2C procedure that allows me to be very faster than if I use the I2C dll from FTDI that is very slow, but I have not found a solution for checking if USB continue to be there without loose of speed. So the consequence is that we must use a good USB cable with no micro cut and, sure, we cannot unplug the MiniTiouner before it is swith off. So situation cannot be changed.
Concerning the "divided by zero" it is not a message I have put in the software, I think that it comes 90% of time from the Directshow library I use.
Yes it will be better if I could stop the amount of many panels repeating the message. This situation could change when I get time to fix it.

Jean-Pierre F6DZP

G4FRE

Post by G4FRE » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:15 pm

The day after my Adalm - Pluto was supposed to be shipped, mouser changed the status of my october 2 order to "We will contact you as soon as we obtain an estimated shipment date from the manufacturer."! Not very encouraging!

Dave
G4FRE

G8PEF

Post by G8PEF » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Dave - Digikey weren't even giving any 'expected' dates - they will quote you a price, but only valid for 30 days, but won't comment on likely delivery dates.

John
G8PEF

M5TXJ

Post by M5TXJ » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:43 pm

G4FRE wrote:The day after my Adalm - Pluto was supposed to be shipped, mouser changed the status of my october 2 order to "We will contact you as soon as we obtain an estimated shipment date from the manufacturer."! Not very encouraging!

Dave
G4FRE
Same here Dave, looking on the AD site gives an expected shipping date of 5th January (as of yesterday - probably changed again), I've been waiting since early August...

73 Dave G8TXJ/M5TXJ
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

M5TXJ

Post by M5TXJ » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:43 am

***** Latest Mouser estimated shipment date - 12th Feb 18! *****
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

F1CJN_alain

Post by F1CJN_alain » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Latest estimated delivery date for DigiKey Feb,8 2018.
73's
Alain F1CJN

G8PEF

Post by G8PEF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:15 am

Anyone had any updates about delivery dates, recently?

It seems that even AD themselves aren't able to supply, and their expected delivery date is currently 15th Feb. Mouser are saying 18th Feb (but I guess that that's based on AD being able to ship to them on 15th). As far as I can tell, none of the other suppliers are openly saying what date they can ship.

PEF

G8DKC

Post by G8DKC » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:57 pm

Last week my back order with DigiKey jumped forward from May to June :roll:

Fun to get one but will have to wait and see :)

Hack RF SDR (lower priced version) useful for 5Ghz band, haven't explored TX side yet

Peter

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”