Rpidatv update

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
f5oeo

Rpidatv update

Post by f5oeo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:41 am

In next version of rpidatv :
- Analog input available through a cheap USB dongle "easycap"
- Grab anything on the screen (like VNC) : for example, using the TcAnim from Brian G4EWJ , this is converted directly to feed the modulator : http://f5oeo.fr/download/rpidatvgrab.ts transmitted at 250KS fec 7/8

Need now to make all these tools available for users through menus (time consuming).

73's Evariste F5OEO

g0mjw

Re: Rpidatv update

Post by g0mjw » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:46 am

Is there a new image?

Mike

f5oeo

Post by f5oeo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:31 pm

All is in place, but not yet complete the image..hope to do it on monday.

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:39 pm

OK - Thanks.

I have not been able to get my original PI B to work with the latest github based software and digithin. Not even after reverting to the 4.1 kernel. The I and Q pins are wrong and no amount of messing about seems to be able to fix this - they are not configurable except in a.sh but there is no guidance anywhere what they map to now. Originally it was done using (physical) pin 12 for I and a wire from a resistor to (physical) pin 23 for Q. This worked with the previous versions before github but no more. None of the below options seem to work.

-x GPIO Pin output for I or RF {12,18,40}
-y GPIO Pin output for Q {13,19,41,45}

Mike

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi Mike,

Had the same problem a week back and contacted Evariste.
He confirmed the I and Q were remapped and gave me some changes, also a link to download an image in Jessie Lite(not Github).

Neither of the I and Q settings worked. I have decided to wait for the finished package.

Steve
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Thanks Steve,

Wish I had known this earlier. Did you get any indication of when the finished package is expected - and if it will work with the original hardware?

Mike

M0SKM

Post by M0SKM » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:42 am

Hi Mike,

No mention of when it will be ready. The two pin settings were for the B and B+ versions of the Pi so probably compatible with the original hardware.

It appears there will be a few apps included as I saw RPiDATV, LeanDVB and a GUI in the image I downloaded. Evariste has mentioned the inclusion of video input via a dongle which I'm very keen to have.

Steve
Find me on D Star through GB7BP

f5oeo

Post by f5oeo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:52 pm

Hope to make a release of a new image on monday , it includes
- Analog in with a easycap video dongle
- Patern generator thanks to TCAnim from Brian G4EWJ
- Rendering a PC screen through VNC
- Rendering raspberry screen
- Low camera latency

Output mode should be compatible with old hardware, however for now notcompletly tested with
- Digithin
- DTX1
- DATV EXpress

Receiving with Leandvb with output to raspberry screen:
- I/Q constellation
- MER
- Signal Strength
- Spectrum analyzer
- Decoding video
Could stream to BATC

Maybe could need some remote connection with a Digithin for debugging ! If someone could put the raspberry on internet with a NAT ...

73's Evariste F5OEO

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”