HD datv with hackRF

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G4NZV

Re: HD datv with hackRF

Post by G4NZV » Fri May 13, 2022 12:12 pm

On my system there are two instances of HackRF listed. Choose the SOAPYSDR instance.

Also this is probably peculiar to my setup. If SDRangel crashes at its splash screen then try deleting or renaming libusb-1.0.dll which is found in:

C:\Program Files\SDRangel assuming default install on windows 10

Hope that helps

Steve G4NZV

G4NZV

Post by G4NZV » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:48 pm

A note to say that SDRangel has a new release 7.6.0 Donwmload from https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/releases

The feature of interest for DATV is SOFT LDPC has been included with the Windows release which now means signals with a much lower MER can be received. I can receive the QO100 beacon with an RTL dongle. I also watched last weeks BATC net using an RTL dongle with SDRangel.

For HackRF users the selection has been improved and the .dll no longer needs to be deleted for SDRangel to run.

73 Steve

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:21 am

Downloaded and installed nice and easy. It remains a nightmare to actually set it up to do anything, I think a long while back I used a Youtube video by 'Corrosive' as a guide.
It could be very useful though if for example a Pluto could be used as a DATV RX all the way up to 6GHz.
I have got as far as selecting a Pluto as source ;-)
Gareth

G4NZV

Post by G4NZV » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:15 pm

Gareth, have a look at my earlier post in this thread showing SDRangel as a DATV receiver and as a DATV transmitter. The setup for Demodulator and modulator settings for Pluto will be similar to HackRF.

Significant changes made to SDRangel over the last six months so a recent utube video is definitely needed.

73 Steve

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”