SatLink WS-6906 Digital Satellite Finder

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
N6GKJ

SatLink WS-6906 Digital Satellite Finder

Post by N6GKJ » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Hello Gentlemen!

I have received the SatLink WS-6906 Digital Satellite Finder, I took a chance on this and I am quite happy to report that this little handheld unit makes a very handy portable DATV Receiver! I will be putting on a demo for both Digilite and DATV Express at our next Ham Club meeting. I will have a destop computer and a laptop computer along with MK808 if I can get it running in time. Needless to say this makes for alot of stuff to carry in and setup.

I am impressed with the performance of this unit, there are limitations of course, but for less than $100 USD it was a bargain!

Ron....
N6GKJ CM98ic

eden

Re: SatLink WS-6906 Digital Satellite Finder

Post by eden » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:08 pm

how did you set it up for amateur tv please as i have been trying to get my one set up on it

g8gtz

Re: SatLink WS-6906 Digital Satellite Finder

Post by g8gtz » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:33 pm

Not sure why you started the 2nd thread but I'll reply as it applies whatever model.

First you have to know there is an amateur signal available then you have to enter frequency (and don't forget to add the LO frequency to what you enter - for example with an LO of 9750MHz a signal on 1316MHz would need to be entered as 11,066MHz. Then you need to enter the symbol rate and maybe FEC and then scan...

To be honest you would be better off buying a Raspberry Pi 4 and building a MiniTiouner card to make a Ryde receiver that does all the hard work for you...

Please take time to read this page ; https://wiki.batc.org.uk/Getting_Started

Noel - G8GTZ

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”