10cm DATV test.

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
G8ADM

10cm DATV test.

Post by G8ADM » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:13 am

23 August 2008. Conducted a successful digital test for the first time on 3.4 GHz, 10 cm band.
Peter, G3PYB/P, was transmitting from the Hoggs Back near Guildford in Surrey, UK.
I was receiving from my home in N.W. London, about 33 miles range.
Peter was using 12 W from a home made transmitter into a flat plate antenna, QPSK, 4 MS/s, FEC = 1/2
I was receiving using a 9dB gain slot antenna into a DB6NT down converter.
Peter reduced power to 1.2W and the received signal was still perfect.
We have now tried all bands from 70cm to 3cm from this site.
Interesting result,
Dave
G8ADM

M0DTS

Re: 10cm DATV test.

Post by M0DTS » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi Dave
Interesting tests, wish there was someone else i could test with up here that was a bit further away 20-30km seems easy.. hmm
Mind you, it's difficult enough to get analogue stations on the air!
I might take my digital RX/TX for 70cm/23cm with me when i'm out portable for the ATV contest in September if anyone is interested?
Keep up the good work Dave/Peter, always nice to hear some more info on Digital :-)

Rob

G8ADM

Re: 10cm DATV test.

Post by G8ADM » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Rob
Thanks for your comments.
Peter has gone up to Cambridge, he lives in Portsmouth, to see Ian, G3KKD to do some more tests on 70cm and 10cm
This is in preparation to showing some systems working at the BATC convention on 5th October.
Will you and the KM crowd be there?
I will be active in the contest on 70cm digital only so if conditions are good maybe see something of you.
I have a new qth 450 ft asl so who knows.
Yes increasing activity is a big challenge, the BATC streaming is helping though.
All the best,
Dave. (and Pete somewhare on the M1)
G8adm, G3pyb

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”