DOWNLOAD DATV-Easy v3.08

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
F1EJP

DOWNLOAD DATV-Easy v3.08

Post by F1EJP » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:59 pm

Hello,

New version V3.08 now compatible with HackRF One > Thanks to SV9IOQ for is help
and always the LimeSDR mini, PlutoSDR with manufacturer firmware and Pluto with F5OEO firmware.
New compared to version 3.05

- Added support for HackRF SDR over USB
- Better support for opening and closing ffmpeg window if box checked.
- Fixed bug on AV1 soft coding which crashes..
- No need to manually install Eclipse Mosquitto anymore
- b_ref_mode disabled for certain NVIDIA cards that crash.
- Graphic redesign with separate PTT Tab and Monitoring Tab
- Added reading of Device parameters for Pluto DVB2 version: Pluto version, Firmware version, temperature, buffer
- Added automatic start possible for OBS
- Added possibility to adjust ffmpeg preset parameters > faster for slow PC or reduce latency or slower for better quality!
- Added opening x y coordinate setting in param.ini file

73 Dominique F1EJP

link Download; http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 4125#p4125

radiogareth

Re: DOWNLOAD DATV-Easy v3.08

Post by radiogareth » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:38 am

Wonderful :-) I really like the way a new install picks up all the parameters from my previous version.
So if I have a HackRF1 I can TX all DATV modes from 1Mhz to 6GHz....and its slightly cheaper than a Pluto too. That's a significant win :-)
Thanks for the work you do on this.
Gareth

g3uis

Post by g3uis » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:24 am

Gareth

Did it pick those parameters even although you uninstalled the previous version ?

Tony

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm

I did not uninstall first, no warning issued so I assumed it would sort itself out...it has always done so previously and it makes it easier if there is an issue with the latest. Not very scientific I know.....
Gareth

F1EJP

Post by F1EJP » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:06 pm

Hello Gareth,

As I clearly stated in my publication, it is preferable to always uninstall previous versions. This does not remove the main parameters that are in the c:\F1EJP\param.ini file, only the gains and the outputs must be reset.

73 Dominique F1EJP

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:51 am

My apologies Dominique. I really should have read the excellent manual provided.
I will have a tidy-up of my files.
Thanks for the software :-)
Gareth

radiogareth

Post by radiogareth » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:12 pm

Well my HackRF arrived today......
Installed the driver and it sort of works....but large shoulders if the drive is much above 15%. This was on 437MHz.
It doesn't seem to stop transmitting when 'stop' is clicked.
It produced a signal on 2409.75 but whatever it was it crashed my Ryde immediately.
Not sure what the TX range and capability of this new inclusion is (Device should be 1MHz-6Ghz but I did not see any RF on anything other than 437 and 2409.75 - tried 5760MHz, 51MHz, 71MHz etc...333DVBS2 soft encoding on an I7 Gen 4 which has always been stable.
My Pluto which has been very reliable on V2.17 now won't produce enough RF to drive my amp even without attenuation.
Uninstalled and re-installed both version (singly) and still not got a working system.
If I try and run 2.17 (previously stable) I now get an error message and it crashes....see attached pic.
Perhaps I should have followed the instructions.....but nothing is working now :-(
Gareth
Error.png
Error.png (3.93 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Update:Fresh download 2.17 unzipped and installed gives the same error message as above......

Basil

Post by Basil » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:54 pm

Have you had a poke about in the registry with regedit (careful now...) to see if there's any detritus from previous installations you thought were deleted fully? Can be quite illuminating for many applications. I tend to do a drive copy or similar before installing new stuff that is frequently updated "just in case".

F1EJP

Post by F1EJP » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:03 pm

Hello,

if you want to uninstall completely:
Uninstall the program then you can delete the following directories:
C:\Program Files\F1EJP
C:\ProgramData\F1EJP
and the file C:\F1EJP\param.ini
Then you can reinstall

The HackRF is experimental
For the DATV-Easy 3.08 version I added the driver for the HackRF and the operation is the same as for the Lime Mini or Pluto SDR with the manufacturer's firmware.
I don't have a HackRF myself and it was SV9IOQ who tested it.
I will see if a solution is possible but I am going to Spain for several weeks and will not be able to do any tests.

Thanks for your test and return

73 Dominique F1EJP

F1EJP

Post by F1EJP » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:37 pm

Hello,

After google rechearch;

https://github.com/greatscottgadgets/hackrf/issues/354

It's seem a problem of firmware HackRF you must try to upgrade the last firmware to resolve this problem.

73 Dominique F1EJP

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”