FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams >> New V2.80

Digital ATV - The latest generation, cutting edge ATV - Please discuss it all here.
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Thank you
Pa3fbx

Re: FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams V2.50

Post by Pa3fbx » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:17 pm

Did some more testing but still gathering the results..

My setup works great but i could use the nvidea card directly in OBS so iám still looking for the benefits...

Installed it on 3 local systems witch had no Hardware H265 capabilities...
2 of the runs smooth and 1 is compleetly blocking the PC after start command..

Need to gather the data..

Also my I5 machine with 32gb ram gives problem wen i use the machine during transmittion on youtube...
But thats pretty hard on the CPU ...

Benno

Pa3fbx

Post by Pa3fbx » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:34 am

OK, a bit more results...
Still positive but.....

First off all. Its very nice and great to use for starters and those who have no Nvidia coding Hardware...
I have it running on a I5 with 32G Ram and Geforce 1050 Video card..
So i can use the nvidia as hardware coder out off OBS thru the recording option.
I am not using Portdown but go directly to Pluto with F5OEO dec 2020 firmware..
I am using 2 pluto's (1 on network to 70cm and 1 on USB tot QO100).

So what are my findings...
1. installing is a bitch because Avast virus controll really blockes it.
2. Some additional explenation for using the pluto output with the right IP and port adres could be usefull for the starters. EG 192.168.2.1 and port 8282..
3. Than is runs smooth up to some lockups when i so some youtube or other video related stuff on the same computer. Something i did never experienced using OBS recording..
I can use only 1 encoder options depending on the computer i am running on.. eg. My PC is only Nvidia encoder option but other PCs who do not have Nvidia hardware is either soft or intel but again only 1 option working...
But i have not experience any lockups on soft encoder machines so far (over 5 installes done by me)..
4. Its great for starters for easy setting the transport stream size. And after setting it right you hardly get low or high null packets.. Mostly spot on..
5. Its really fast as i never got below 4 sec between transmitting and receiving back my own signal but with this tool i got in 333 with 3/4 fec as low as 2.5 sec over QO100...
6. I experienced a 500ms lipsink problem when using this 333 with 3/4 fec. and also found the 48ks audio option missing but 64ks is very nice...
when i use the recording option from OBS i got 8 sec delay but perfect lipsink...

So its a great tool and mutch more simple to use when changing transport stream settings..
I run the program in 2 seperate folders for the 2 pluto's making even more easy to switch.

I wonder why i cannot use the soft option on my PC and why i got the lockups when using the PC for internet/youtube and other things...

Best regards
Benno, PA3FBX

F1EJP

Post by F1EJP » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Hello

Thank you all for all the test feedback.
This will be useful for all the OM who want to use it. :D
I could optimize the settings

73 Dominique
F1EJP

ON1BTE

Post by ON1BTE » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:08 pm

Hello Dominique,

First of all, I would like to thank you for developing the FreeStreamCoder Software.
I am using it on an i7 8th generation. INTEL H265 encoding up to +/- 8Mbit ... .
I actually still miss the possibility to set the various PIDs.
There are some relay stations here that work with different PIDs.
Would it be possible in a future software release to provide an extra tab for the PIDs?

73 - Patrick - ON1BTE

K0ZAK

Post by K0ZAK » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:49 pm

I just downloaded the FreeStreamCoder V2.50, and being a newcomer to all this, may be missing something on setting it all up. I have been using OBS with the virtual camera plugin, driving a Adalm_Pluto loaded with F5OEO's v.303 firmware with RTMP. Now trying to set it up using the FreeStreamCoder software using UDP. I have followed the setup instructions and the IPTV output is turning green when I click the Start button . My first question is the pluto supposed to go into transmit when it sees the UDP stream like it does with RTMP? Or do I need to use the PTT 'Switch On' button on the pluto's control screen? If I do that it seems to transmit using the pre-defined settings in the pluto menu rather than the settings set up in FreeStreamCoder. I am currently using the pluto on its default 168.192.2.1 IP using the USB port. this worked OK with RTMP directly from OBS Studio. I'm not quite sure what I need to do from here.

g0mjw

Post by g0mjw » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:41 pm

You have a choice I think but I would advise not letting it go to TX automatically but instead using the PTT on the Pluto Controller page. Better you are in control of what is happening.

These things are controlled from the setup page. I think it is called Transmission permitted at Startup.

There is no connection between FreeStreamCoder and Pluto. You have to set compatible parameters in both menus at the moment.

Mike

K0ZAK

Post by K0ZAK » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:03 pm

I finally found my main problem (I think). A menu in the Pluto for the UDP listening port had the IP address in it instead of the port #. I fixed that and now at least have some action happening on the pluto's Analysis page. It is jumping around quite a bit but there is at least data flowing to the pluto now. I just ran a quick comparison between streaming RTMP and UDP directly from OBS Studio and then streaming UDP from FreeStreamcoder, all directly to the Pluto. At the moment I'm getting the most stable stream to the Pluto with RTMP from OBS, then UDP from the FreeStreamCoder, then UDP from OBS. That makes sense as I've spent some time tweaking OBS for sending RTMP but haven't attempted to use UDP till today. I'm currently attempting to send a 500Khz DVB-T signal to a Knucker receiver. Now that I've gotten the receiver to actually detect and lock on each signal momentarily, I can proceed in tweaking all the video parameters for better performance.

Thanks,
John

F1EJP

Post by F1EJP » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:58 am

Hello,

Here is a new version of FreeStreamCoder V2.52 with some additions and improvements.

- For Audio: addition of 48 kb / s and possibility of deleting the Audio stream. (interesting for very low speeds)
- possibility to modify the identity of audio and video streams

Sorry File is too large for this forum.. you can download it on vivadatv.org:
http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 9&start=10
See you soon on QO100

73 to all
Dominique
F1EJP

PA3GUO

Re: FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams V2.50 NEW V2.52

Post by PA3GUO » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:34 pm

Hi Dominique

It's fantastic !

I am using Portsdown 2020 on QO100.
Until now OBS in recording mode, on a 7 year old Intel I5 + FFMPEG.

I installed your FreeStreamingCoder SW, and now I have
- 'free' upgrade from H264 to H265 (better picture quality at same RF power)
- less delay (encoding is about 4 seconds faster)
- no stuttering video (in moving videos / movies

THANKS !
- Settings ENCODER: SOFT (I have no Nvidea, and selecting Intel also doesnt work)

A question still: in OBS I used to create a PROFILE (eg 333ks/FEC3/4), do I still need to do this or is that with the VirtualCam no longer needed ?

Best regards
Henk / PA3GUO

PA3GUO

Re: FreeStreamCoder Software to Generate Mpeg-TS Streams V2.50 NEW V2.52

Post by PA3GUO » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:51 pm

Hint for others:

I tested it using the IPTS monitor on Portsdown 2020 .... and that does nicely decode H264, but not H265 (at least in my case).

So I hooked up the PA and watched the result on QO100 (using Minitiouner)
.. and there it was, my 1st H265 encoded video :-)

Henk

Return to “DATV - Digital ATV”