This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.
My setup works great but i could use the nvidea card directly in OBS so iám still looking for the benefits...
Installed it on 3 local systems witch had no Hardware H265 capabilities...
2 of the runs smooth and 1 is compleetly blocking the PC after start command..
Need to gather the data..
Also my I5 machine with 32gb ram gives problem wen i use the machine during transmittion on youtube...
But thats pretty hard on the CPU ...
Still positive but.....
First off all. Its very nice and great to use for starters and those who have no Nvidia coding Hardware...
I have it running on a I5 with 32G Ram and Geforce 1050 Video card..
So i can use the nvidia as hardware coder out off OBS thru the recording option.
I am not using Portdown but go directly to Pluto with F5OEO dec 2020 firmware..
I am using 2 pluto's (1 on network to 70cm and 1 on USB tot QO100).
So what are my findings...
1. installing is a bitch because Avast virus controll really blockes it.
2. Some additional explenation for using the pluto output with the right IP and port adres could be usefull for the starters. EG 192.168.2.1 and port 8282..
3. Than is runs smooth up to some lockups when i so some youtube or other video related stuff on the same computer. Something i did never experienced using OBS recording..
I can use only 1 encoder options depending on the computer i am running on.. eg. My PC is only Nvidia encoder option but other PCs who do not have Nvidia hardware is either soft or intel but again only 1 option working...
But i have not experience any lockups on soft encoder machines so far (over 5 installes done by me)..
4. Its great for starters for easy setting the transport stream size. And after setting it right you hardly get low or high null packets.. Mostly spot on..
5. Its really fast as i never got below 4 sec between transmitting and receiving back my own signal but with this tool i got in 333 with 3/4 fec as low as 2.5 sec over QO100...
6. I experienced a 500ms lipsink problem when using this 333 with 3/4 fec. and also found the 48ks audio option missing but 64ks is very nice...
when i use the recording option from OBS i got 8 sec delay but perfect lipsink...
So its a great tool and mutch more simple to use when changing transport stream settings..
I run the program in 2 seperate folders for the 2 pluto's making even more easy to switch.
I wonder why i cannot use the soft option on my PC and why i got the lockups when using the PC for internet/youtube and other things...
Thank you all for all the test feedback.
This will be useful for all the OM who want to use it.
I could optimize the settings
First of all, I would like to thank you for developing the FreeStreamCoder Software.
I am using it on an i7 8th generation. INTEL H265 encoding up to +/- 8Mbit ... .
I actually still miss the possibility to set the various PIDs.
There are some relay stations here that work with different PIDs.
Would it be possible in a future software release to provide an extra tab for the PIDs?
73 - Patrick - ON1BTE
These things are controlled from the setup page. I think it is called Transmission permitted at Startup.
There is no connection between FreeStreamCoder and Pluto. You have to set compatible parameters in both menus at the moment.
Here is a new version of FreeStreamCoder V2.52 with some additions and improvements.
- For Audio: addition of 48 kb / s and possibility of deleting the Audio stream. (interesting for very low speeds)
- possibility to modify the identity of audio and video streams
Sorry File is too large for this forum.. you can download it on vivadatv.org:
http://www.vivadatv.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 9&start=10
See you soon on QO100
73 to all
It's fantastic !
I am using Portsdown 2020 on QO100.
Until now OBS in recording mode, on a 7 year old Intel I5 + FFMPEG.
I installed your FreeStreamingCoder SW, and now I have
- 'free' upgrade from H264 to H265 (better picture quality at same RF power)
- less delay (encoding is about 4 seconds faster)
- no stuttering video (in moving videos / movies
- Settings ENCODER: SOFT (I have no Nvidea, and selecting Intel also doesnt work)
A question still: in OBS I used to create a PROFILE (eg 333ks/FEC3/4), do I still need to do this or is that with the VirtualCam no longer needed ?
Henk / PA3GUO
I tested it using the IPTS monitor on Portsdown 2020 .... and that does nicely decode H264, but not H265 (at least in my case).
So I hooked up the PA and watched the result on QO100 (using Minitiouner)
.. and there it was, my 1st H265 encoded video