Webchat not working

Discuss ZR6TG's OpenTuner DATV Receiver software for Windows here
G4SDG

Webchat not working

Post by G4SDG » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:00 pm

I've used most if not all of the OpenTuner versions that have included the Webchat function but for me it has never worked and it just shows "Connecting". The Webchat works on the same PC using Chrome. I've tried disabling firewall etc. I'm running Windows 7. Any suggestions please?

Chris G4SDG

g0mjw

Re: Webchat not working

Post by g0mjw » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:33 pm

Windows 7 might be the issue. Usually it is the firewall but Win 7 was retired over a decade ago and hasn't had update support since 2020. As Tom is using a much more recent set of .net libraries there may be incompatibilities or missing functionality.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/visua ... patibility claims it will work. However... there might be something it is missing.

Tom is using a later version of visual studio now but you said it has never worked.

Mike

Basil

Post by Basil » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:58 pm

I just tried installing 7f on my Windows 7 64 bit PC and I too see the web chat just sat there saying "Connecting"... Fine on a Windows 10 PC.

I think you /we need Tom's input to see if there's a workaround.

I prefer 7, but have had to "upgrade" to 10 for similar odd issues with apps.... :(

G4SDG

Post by G4SDG » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:58 pm

Thanks Mike and Basil. I thought it might perhaps be something to do with Windows 7 but my Windows 11 PC is fully occupied elsewhere so I'll probably leave things as they are. OpenTuner is a great facility even without the Webchat so many thanks to Tom.

Chris

Return to “OpenTuner DATV Receive Software”