OpenTuner 0.A Available

Discuss ZR6TG's OpenTuner DATV Receiver software for Windows here
zr6tg

OpenTuner 0.A Available

Post by zr6tg » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:21 pm

OpenTuner 0.A has now been released to all. Experimental Longmynd, Winterhill, PicoTuner and much more included.

Get the details and downloads at https://www.zr6tg.co.za/2024/04/09/open ... available/.
ot_0a.jpg
ot_0a.jpg (341.89 KiB) Viewed 1155 times

Basil

Re: OpenTuner 0.A Available

Post by Basil » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:33 pm

Thanks again for your sterling work on OpenTuner Tom, latest version up and running, just investigating the updates, the first thing I find excellent is the ability to "squeeze" the LH window to give more real estate to the transmissions. Wonderful stuff, and much appreciated.

PE1CHY

Post by PE1CHY » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:37 pm

Testing OT-0A with the Winterhill receiver
Today I tried the net version of Open Tuner with my Winterhill receiver. It works great! A real nice addition to the older versions
Many thanks to Tom ZR6TG for his great work!

A few small things I came across:
A special winterhill version is needed, found on github. When you retype the "wget xxxx"line on your raspberry, the underbar character between install and winterhill.sh is hidden, it took me a while before i realized this. Cut and paste in a SSH session works better.

After installing everything, i could not configure the IP address an LO offsets in OT, the settings window shows corrupt. Finally i edited the winterhill.json file in the settings directory. Problem solved.

The winterhill RPi refused to send the udp streams to my computer. I needed to edit the whlaunch-anyhub-3v20.sh with entering the IP address of my PC instead of the zero. (this should not be needed ??)
73 Rob PE1CHY
Attachments
OT_0A.jpg
OT_0A.jpg (292.36 KiB) Viewed 875 times

PA3GUO

Post by PA3GUO » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:42 pm

Hi Tom,

OpenTuner 0.A works amazing !

So far I only used Minitiouner SW, and just wanted to give OpenTuner a try.
Well, installing was done in 1 minute, perfect.
I just tested it on qo100.

Most significantly: on my 10 year old PC its so much faster than Minitiouner!
Minitiouner typically first needs to get SR lock, then carrier lock, taking 1.. few seconds.
Opentuner seems to do its all instantly.

Even though for terrestrial I wont use it, I like the build in wb spectrum scope for qo100.

Henk, PA3GUO

Return to “OpenTuner DATV Receive Software”