design for 625 genlock converter

If you are looking for something, ask here
Forum rules
This forum is run by the BATC (British Amateur Television Club), it is service made freely available to all interested parties, please do not abuse this privilege.

Adverts will be archived when the poster indicates that the item is found or after one year. If you wish to keep advertising after one year, please re-post.
peter4bbu

design for 625 genlock converter

Post by peter4bbu » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:23 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get an emulation of Doomsday Videodisk system running. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Domesday_Project

The original used a Philips LASER Disk player complete with genlock module to lock an incoming computer video feed to the video coming off the Laser disk.

I am after a simple design for a genlock module.

In the modern days of high speed video processors, lots of fast memory it should be feasible to capture both video feeds into memory digitally lock the clock and replay a combined video against a common set of sync pulses.

Any ideas? The circuits that I have found so far seem to do one of 2 things: 1) genlock a master SPG to incoming syncs or 2) lock the drive motor on a video recorder to external syncs by fudging the capstan speed.

Thanks

Peter

Return to “Wanted”