BigSAT Golden 1 CR

M5TXJ

BigSAT Golden 1 CR

Post by M5TXJ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:32 am

Hi folks, long shot I know but trying to find one of these RX's for a possible 23cms DATV internet streaming RX on the site of GB3EV/GB3VE. The plan is to use an Alford slot aerial into the RX, then to use a Pi running Portsdown software to stream to the BATC website.

73 Dave
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

g8gtz

Re: BigSAT Golden 1 CR

Post by g8gtz » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi Dave,

I do have one somewhere but I think I loaned it out (maybe even to the CQ-TV editor!) - if I find it, you are welcome to it although there are a number of other STB's that people use on repeaters such as the Comaq SL30 (MPEG-2 only) viewtopic.php?f=82&t=3204

That looks an awesome site and well worth putting an ATV receiver up there if you can. You will need a pre-amp at masthead plus filtering and a satellite line amp in the shack to get any reasonable results from a standard satellite receiver as they are designed to be deaf as a post with 55 dB of gain in the LNB.

Noel - G8GTZ

M5TXJ

Re: BigSAT Golden 1 CR

Post by M5TXJ » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:18 pm

Thanks Noel

Seamus G7ITT who is also building a Portsdown is the repeater keeper for EV/VE so I broached the idea over a curry one evening and he's in favour. I'm hoping to get all the hardware together by late Spring or early Summer by which time working at the site will be less of a feat of endurance. I plan to use the lock detect to switch between the video output of the RX and a Pi outputting an ID/test card.

73 Dave.
...are you sure I can't use a pair of 813's?... :shock:

Return to “Wanted Ads Archive”